Author Topic: Popup graphs in Steel Series gauges  (Read 3552 times)

geoffmurray

• Gentle Breeze
    • ITASMANI96
    • Geoff Murray Wilderness and Landscape Photography
  • Station Details: Davis vantage Pro 2,wireless remote anemometer, non Davis wireless logger to iMac 27" 3.4Ghz i7 16Gb RAM SSD HD
Popup graphs in Steel Series gauges
« on: May 15, 2014, 03:08:11 AM »
Hi,
I have recently got my Steel Series Gauges up and running at http://www.geoffmurray.com/steel/gauges-ss-basic.htm I am very happy with them except the popup graphs aren't yet functional. I have set Weathercat to upload the necessary graphs but presume that one of the Steel Series files needs to be told where they are. Any help and suggestions welcome. Attached is a screenshot of the files on my server.
Geoff

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
Re: Popup graphs in Steel Series gauges
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2014, 04:31:36 AM »
Geoff:

In your gauges.js file, on line 20, is where you specify the location of your graph files, relative to your steel directory. Here is what your line 20 currently looks like:

imgPathURL        : '/',            //*** Change this to the relative path for your 'Trend' graph images

try editing this line to tell Steel Gauges to move up one level in the directory by inserting a period, so that it reads:

imgPathURL        : './',            //*** Change this to the relative path for your 'Trend' graph images
Blick

wurzelmac

• Storm
    • ITIROLPR2
    • Wetterstation Pr?graten am Gro?venediger
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage PRO2 Plus (24h fan aspirated, wireless) with UV/Solar | Weather Envoy Data Logger | Mac mini 2023 M2 8/256 | 1x Canon EOS 1300D | macOS Sonoma 14.2
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2014, 11:25:56 AM »
Hi Geoff,

here is another source of knowledge regarding to Steel Series:
http://wiki.trixology.com/index.php/Steel_Series_Gauges

The instructions of Blick should do the trick!

Good Luck,
Reinhard
Reinhard

geoffmurray

• Gentle Breeze
    • ITASMANI96
  • Station Details: Davis vantage Pro 2,wireless remote anemometer, non Davis wireless logger to iMac 27" 3.4Ghz i7 16Gb RAM SSD HD
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2014, 02:57:17 PM »
Thanks to everyone for your help, particularly Blick :-) I now have my Gauges running to my satisfaction. They really do look so awesome :) My last question is, how do I add text above the gauges?
Incidentally, for anyone that is interested, the background image is of a fjord in East Greenland called Tasiilaq Fjord which just happens to be the most beautiful and impressive place I have ever visited :-)
http://www.geoffmurray.com/gauges-ss-basic.htm
Geoff

geoffmurray

• Gentle Breeze
    • ITASMANI96
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2014, 03:33:24 PM »
Nearly forgot. One thing that really threw me. I had the gauges running (finally) and Blick made a suggestion for an alteration to my gauges.js file. I made the alteration through my ftp program in TextEdit and promptly broke the file. It took me 2 days of effort before I realised that it is imperative to make any alterations to files on your computer and then uploading through ftp to the server. Might help another newbie avoid the frustration :-)
Geoff

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2014, 03:16:59 PM »
Might help another newbie avoid the frustration :-)

Now that you mention it, the same thing happened to me but I and forgotten about it until I read your post. I never figured out that it was editing online that did it. I thought it was my html editor so I changed editors. However, after that I just happened to start editing locally and then uploading the edited file. Thanks for the explanation.
Blick