Author Topic: WeatherCatRCP 1.1 (180928) for iOS Beta  (Read 9674 times)

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
Re: WeatherCatRCP 1.1 (180928) for iOS Beta
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2018, 03:31:41 PM »
Blick, the mystery thickens.

Grand:

And on my end as well. Suddenly, after 4 days of no-go, today when I tapped on the Refresh button, the whole report populated. Apparently you have designed self-healing software, which is quite a nifty trick.

Thanks for taking a look.

One more question: Is WeatherCatRCP 1.1 still in beta or is it live? I ask because my TestFlight version expires next month.
Blick

The Grand Poohbah

• Gale
  • Developer of WeatherCat for iOS, tvOS, and watchOS
    • EW6355 KCANEVAD43
    • Hopeful Hill Ranch
  • Station Details: Vantage Pro 2, aspirated, solar radiation, uv, soil temp and moisture
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2018, 05:57:55 PM »
Blick, the mystery thickens.

Grand:

And on my end as well. Suddenly, after 4 days of no-go, today when I tapped on the Refresh button, the whole report populated. Apparently you have designed self-healing software, which is quite a nifty trick.

Thanks for taking a look.

One more question: Is WeatherCatRCP 1.1 still in beta or is it live? I ask because my TestFlight version expires next month.

Blick, perhaps it only needs your own healing thoughts to make the software work again.

As to the current beta, I've been waiting for the French localization (and your own healing thoughts) before doing any more updates. If it looks like the localization will be delayed past the beta expiration, I will release the current beta version to the App Store. No other changes to the beta are planned.

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2018, 07:58:11 PM »
Here is the latest bizarre thing I have to endure. Again, one morning I just couldn't connect from RCP to either Local or my remote server. So I restarted WC, made sure the client was running, deleted RCP and reinstalled from TestFlight. RCP connected to both local and remote servers. Installed on watch. "Cannot connect, please check URL." RCP now will not stay open, as soon as it opens, it closes the app. Deleted the app and started over. Same result as before. So for now, RCP running fine on iPhone under iOS 12.1.1 but cannot get it to run on Series4 watch under watchOS 5.1.2. Running WC client on 10.14.2. Any thoughts?
Blick

The Grand Poohbah

• Gale
    • EW6355 KCANEVAD43
    • Hopeful Hill Ranch
  • Station Details: Vantage Pro 2, aspirated, solar radiation, uv, soil temp and moisture
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2018, 05:42:37 PM »
In WeatherCatRCP on your iPhone, go to Settings. At the bottom of the screen, under the Copyright and version lines, you should see a line of green text starting with "Watch". Then go to your Apple Watch and tap the WeatherCatRCP icon. It may come up with a black screen with the WeatherCatRCP icon in the center and then go black. Tap the face of the Apple Watch. Wait. WeatherCatRCP should appear on your watch.

Let me know what you see and don't see as you go thru the above steps.

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2018, 06:53:32 PM »
See attached Screen Shot.

When I opened the app on my watch, it stated it was searching for (my external IP address) but it could never find it. Eventually it timed out and then I could no longer open the RCP app on my phone. It would immediately close upon opening.

So I deleted the RCP app on the phone and installed from Test Flight. This time, instead of having to select Show on Watch, that option was already selected and the watch instantly started showing the current data.

Wierd.

Apparently, all I need to do is ask for your assistance, and then things that didn't work before start working.

One other thing. When I first looked at the green Watch info on the RCP settings screen it displayed Y for installed, paired, and activated, but N for reachable. Now I see that reachable says N until the watch app is activated and then the N changes to Y. Will you please explain what reachable means and if this is normal behaviour?

Thank you, sir.

Blick

The Grand Poohbah

• Gale
    • EW6355 KCANEVAD43
    • Hopeful Hill Ranch
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2018, 05:25:50 PM »
Apparently, all I need to do is ask for your assistance, and then things that didn't work before start working.

"Ask and you shall receive; seek and you shall find; knock and it shall be opened."

"Reachable" refers to the WeatherCatRCP Watch & iPhone working together in what Apple calls a "session". It is Y (yes) when the paired Apple Watch and iPhone are connected via Bluetooth and WeatherCatRCP is running in the foreground on the Apple Watch. In all other cases, the value is N (no). This is normal behavior. (Don't cha love it when things work like they are supposed to?)

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2018, 05:46:51 PM »
Thanks for the explanation. Everything is still working today! You are the best and I wish you and yours a very Merry Christmas.
Blick