Author Topic: Using WeatherCat tags  (Read 9634 times)

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
Re: Try another way to get monospace. (Re: Using WeatherCat tags)
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2014, 03:08:52 PM »
The long answer is: Every web page on your website that contains weather information provided by tags from WeatherCat has to be processed by WeatherCat on its own!

Reinhard, I didn't know that. Because I am successfully accessing my banner and my steel series gauges in this manner, I assumed that I could also access data via a tag. Will it work if I use the WeatherCat | Preferences | Custom Web | Additional Files option to upload the statistics_upload.html directly to the page? I am asking rather than trying it to see because you have to jump through big hoops to upload anywhere other than the standard uploads directory in WordPress. 

Try treating the statistics as code and use the <code></code> tags.  There are examples on the webpage above.  It should allow WordPress to display WeatherCat statistics correctly.

Thanks for the suggestion Edouard. I am still working to wrap my head around this.
Blick

wurzelmac

• Storm
    • ITIROLPR2
    • Wetterstation Pr?graten am Gro?venediger
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage PRO2 Plus (24h fan aspirated, wireless) with UV/Solar | Weather Envoy Data Logger | Mac mini 2023 M2 8/256 | 1x Canon EOS 1300D | macOS Sonoma 14.2
Re: Try another way to get monospace. (Re: Using WeatherCat tags)
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2014, 05:09:45 PM »
Hello Blick,

Because I am successfully accessing my banner and my steel series gauges in this manner, I assumed that I could also access data via a tag.
The banner & the steel series graphs are jpg files after they are processed by WeatherCat, therefore you can address them. These are files physically stored in your web space.

Will it work if I use the WeatherCat | Preferences | Custom Web | Additional Files option to upload the statistics_upload.html directly to the page?
Yes, indeed! If you do this, you can access the file via
Code: [Select]
http://www.yourwebspace.com/xxx/filename.html where xxx is the folder in your webspace where you store the WeatherCat processed files.

Hope this helps,
Reinhard
Reinhard

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
Re: Using WeatherCat tags
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2014, 07:06:05 AM »
I am hoping someone can tell me what is happening with some internal humidity tags I am trying to use to modify my steel series gauges. I have attached two screen shots. Why does the tag on line 2 and line 4 produce the wierd label for the data output file on lines 2 and 4?

Thanks,
Blick

wurzelmac

• Storm
    • ITIROLPR2
    • Wetterstation Pr?graten am Gro?venediger
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage PRO2 Plus (24h fan aspirated, wireless) with UV/Solar | Weather Envoy Data Logger | Mac mini 2023 M2 8/256 | 1x Canon EOS 1300D | macOS Sonoma 14.2
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2014, 09:07:26 AM »
Hi Blick,
those opening double quotes in line 2 and 4 are looking different from those in line 1 and 3 - take a look at them.
Cheers,
Reinhard
Reinhard

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2014, 12:21:19 AM »
Thank you Reinhard; that was it. All good now.
Blick