Author Topic: SteelSeries Gauges version 2.5.4  (Read 34033 times)

mcrossley

• Gale
  • Sorry, I'm not a WeatherCat user!
    • ICHESHIR25
    • Wilmslow Astro Weather
  • Station Details: Davis VP2 + home brew
Re: SteelSeries Gauges version 2.5.4
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2015, 09:07:31 PM »
Mark:

I appreciate the improvements you continue to make to the SteelSeries. Thanks for you efforts.

I have two more questions.
  • I have turned off the optional display of the wind variation on the direction gauge but it continues to display that information anyway. Is there some place other than the line for showWindVariation I need to check?
  • We haven't had much sun, but the LED does not light up when we do. I do have the showSunshineLed set to true. What is the criteria for the LED light turning on to indicate the sun is shining on the solar gauge?
Thanks.

I think the Sun question has been answered, so, wind variation. I just tested it and it works for me, but I think you may be confusing to different features.

showWindVariation  enables shading at the edge of the gauge to show the variation in direction in the last 10 minutes.
showRoseOnDirGauge enables showing a 'type' of wind rose on the direction gauge background. Rather than the length of the segment showing the relative strength from a particular direction, the depth of colour and transparency are used.

I'd suggest you switch off showRoseOnDirGauge and leave showWindVariation on and see how you like it - that is how 2.4 worked.
Mark

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2015, 07:56:02 AM »
Reinhard and Mark:

Thanks for your replies. I am now properly instructed on the wind direction and solar gauges. I am up and running on the new SteelSeries gauges. I think they look great. Thank you both for your help.
Blick

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2015, 04:40:56 PM »
I am attempting to understand what is being displayed on each gauge and have a few questions. Might someone either answer them or point me to someplace on the web where I might find the answers?
  • Generally, are the red bands on the gauge faces (temperature, humidity, pressure, solar) showing the range of the past 24 hours or the range of Today only?
  • What is being displayed on the red and green bands on the Wind Speed gauge? I assume green is 10-minute average and red is 10-minute wind gust, but since it is a band I'm not sure what the range is displaying.
  • Which average is displayed by the secondary needle on the Wind Direction gauge? I assume 10-minute.
  • Are the dark red bands on Pressure the all-time historical high and low range?
Thanks.
Blick

wurzelmac

• Storm
    • ITIROLPR2
    • Wetterstation Pr?graten am Gro?venediger
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage PRO2 Plus (24h fan aspirated, wireless) with UV/Solar | Weather Envoy Data Logger | Mac mini 2023 M2 8/256 | 1x Canon EOS 1300D | macOS Sonoma 14.2
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2015, 05:32:14 PM »
The gauges can only display data they were feeded with our realtimegaugesWC.txt file, so at least your first question I think I can answer: It is the TODAY$ tag that is used. Maybe some more of your questions are hidden in this file which feeds the gauges.

May I add another question to Mark:

5. When ledVisible is set to 'true', when do they blink (alert?) and when do they stay dark (not blinking)?

Cheers,
Reinhard
Reinhard

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2015, 05:51:16 PM »
and I have one more question.

6. What is being displayed in the red band on the Wind Direction? My entire 360? is shaded red today. What does that mean?

Thanks.
Blick

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2015, 06:57:13 PM »
Noticed this anomaly: Sometimes the red range band on the Wind Direction gauge looks like the bands on the other gauges and sometimes it just covers the edge. See attached screen shots. Any idea why?
Blick

mcrossley

• Gale
    • ICHESHIR25
    • Wilmslow Astro Weather
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2015, 07:18:32 PM »
I am attempting to understand what is being displayed on each gauge and have a few questions. Might someone either answer them or point me to someplace on the web where I might find the answers?
  • Generally, are the red bands on the gauge faces (temperature, humidity, pressure, solar) showing the range of the past 24 hours or the range of Today only?
  • What is being displayed on the red and green bands on the Wind Speed gauge? I assume green is 10-minute average and red is 10-minute wind gust, but since it is a band I'm not sure what the range is displaying.
  • Which average is displayed by the secondary needle on the Wind Direction gauge? I assume 10-minute.
  • Are the dark red bands on Pressure the all-time historical high and low range?
Thanks.
2. Yes, green shows average STAT$WINDSPEED:AVERAGE:HRS(0.17)$, red gust STAT$WINDGUST:MAX:HRS(0.17)$
3. Yes, average STAT$WINDDIRECTION:AVERAGE:HRS(0.17)$
4. Yes.
Mark

mcrossley

• Gale
    • ICHESHIR25
    • Wilmslow Astro Weather
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2015, 07:20:29 PM »
The gauges can only display data they were feeded with our realtimegaugesWC.txt file, so at least your first question I think I can answer: It is the TODAY$ tag that is used. Maybe some more of your questions are hidden in this file which feeds the gauges.

May I add another question to Mark:

5. When ledVisible is set to 'true', when do they blink (alert?) and when do they stay dark (not blinking)?

Cheers,
Reinhard
Do you mean the standard SS gauge property? If so it blinks when the current value exceeds the threshold value, the threshold value is set to 50% of the gauge range by default - until you override it.
Mark

mcrossley

• Gale
    • ICHESHIR25
    • Wilmslow Astro Weather
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2015, 07:24:15 PM »
Noticed this anomaly: Sometimes the red range band on the Wind Direction gauge looks like the bands on the other gauges and sometimes it just covers the edge. See attached screen shots. Any idea why?
The red bands show the variation in direction in the last 10 minutes. It is show as a thin band on the scale if the average speed is below 3 knots (aviation threshold for 'variable' in Europe), sectors if above 3 knots.
Mark

wurzelmac

• Storm
    • ITIROLPR2
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage PRO2 Plus (24h fan aspirated, wireless) with UV/Solar | Weather Envoy Data Logger | Mac mini 2023 M2 8/256 | 1x Canon EOS 1300D | macOS Sonoma 14.2
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2015, 07:34:31 PM »
Do you mean the standard SS gauge property? If so it blinks when the current value exceeds the threshold value, the threshold value is set to 50% of teh gauge range bye default - until you override it.

Got it - thanks for explaining!  :)

Reinhard
Reinhard

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2015, 08:27:25 AM »
Thanks for the explanations Mark. And again, thanks for the improvements to the SteelSeries for WeatherCat users.
Blick

Randall75

• Storm
  • CWOP-CW6734 WeatherUnderground-KOHNEWAR6
    • CW6734
    • KOHNEWAR6
    • Randy's Weather On The Hill
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro 2 Plus.iMac i5 OS High Sierra 10.13.6 8GB Ram, WeatherCat 3,Logitech 9000 Pro Web Cam
« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2015, 04:17:29 PM »
Hi Blick, Rheinhard, and Mark
 I have up date to the latest version 2.5.4 but the ticker is not scrolling any more and I can't get the cloud base gauge to show up
So what am I doing wrong?
 Thanks for your help

UPDATE: Got the ticker to scroll but it is not downloading  as before to update the dated and still can not get the CloudBase Gauge to show up

PS Getting this error ever once in a while:PARSERERROR: SYNTAXERROR: JSON PARSE ERROR: UNEXPECTED EOF
cheers  [cheers1]

wurzelmac

• Storm
    • ITIROLPR2
« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2015, 07:00:00 PM »
Hello Randall,

just viewed your site and it seems that you are using  gauges.js V 2.5.2 and not V 2.5.4?

Cheers,
Reinhard
Reinhard

Randall75

• Storm
  • CWOP-CW6734 WeatherUnderground-KOHNEWAR6
    • CW6734
    • KOHNEWAR6
    • Randy's Weather On The Hill
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro 2 Plus.iMac i5 OS High Sierra 10.13.6 8GB Ram, WeatherCat 3,Logitech 9000 Pro Web Cam
« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2015, 07:37:52 PM »
Hi Rheinhard
 That's what it says but I down loaded at the latest version and uploaded it

cheers

If not where do I get 2.5.4?

wurzelmac

• Storm
    • ITIROLPR2
« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2015, 08:10:25 PM »
Here you can download the latest version: http://wiki.sandaysoft.com/a/SteelSeries_Gauges#Downloads
Reinhard