Author Topic: MTD and YTD Precipitation Out of Sync  (Read 1558 times)

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
MTD and YTD Precipitation Out of Sync
« on: April 13, 2019, 10:11:57 PM »
I've been away from my computer (and WeatherCat) for the past month (Mar 11 through Apr 11). I am trying to reconcile some precipitation numbers that aren't adding up.

Statistics Year Over Year for March Precipitation shows 4.83 and April shows 1.36
Monthly Report for March Rain shows 4.78
Statistics Monthly Report for April shows 1.36
My console MTD Rain (April) shows 1.38
My Custom Text Window for April MTD Precipitation shows 1.38

Statistics Year Over Year YTD Precipitation is 13.85
Custom Text Window for YTD is 13.83
Console for YTD is 13.83

I have no entries in the Daily Rain Editor for March or April.

Jan and Feb precipitation numbers all match

What do I need to do to sync these numbers up?
Blick

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Share the Custom Text Window? (Re: MTD and YTD Precipitation Out of Sync)
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2019, 11:04:28 PM »
Dear Blick and WeatherCat keeping things tidy types,

I've been away from my computer (and WeatherCat) for the past month (Mar 11 through Apr 11). I am trying to reconcile some precipitation numbers that aren't adding up.

. . . .

What do I need to do to sync these numbers up?

I have never had permanent problems with the Custom Text Windows, although there have been times when they appear to be out of sync with other parts of WeatherCat.  Eventually the number end up being the same.

Could you export the Custom Text Window that is giving you the erroneous data and post it on this thread?  Perhaps if we run the same CTW on our own computers that would shed light on the matter.

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
Re: MTD and YTD Precipitation Out of Sync
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2019, 07:59:26 PM »
OK. Thanks for confirming my suspicion that sometimes there is a temporary incorrect display in the CTW, but eventually it matches up. I have noticed that a few times and thought it was just my setup.

I still have one puzzler:
Console displays Rain MTD 1.46 and YTD 13.91
Statistics Year over Year Shows April Rain 1.44 and YTD at 13.93

I assume the easiest thing is to just adjust the console to match the report. Do you have any other suggestion?
Blick

Randall75

• Storm
  • CWOP-CW6734 WeatherUnderground-KOHNEWAR6
    • CW6734
    • KOHNEWAR6
    • Randy's Weather On The Hill
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro 2 Plus.iMac i5 OS High Sierra 10.13.6 8GB Ram, WeatherCat 3,Logitech 9000 Pro Web Cam
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2019, 09:34:54 PM »
Hi Blic
 I have seen that before but after a few days it seem it correct it  self like it still need to add the last few days in there

cheers

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Sufferin' Succotash! (Re: MTD and YTD Precipitation Out of Sync)
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2019, 10:56:49 PM »
Dear Blick, Randall, and WeatherCat "I hate to have to do it myself" types . . . .  [banghead]

. . . .
I still have one puzzler:
Console displays Rain MTD 1.46 and YTD 13.91
Statistics Year over Year Shows April Rain 1.44 and YTD at 13.93
. . . .

[wink] . . . . . Sufferin' Succotash!! Yes I knew you could get the year to date rainfall on the Vantage Pro-2 console, but you think I actually bothered to figure out how? . . . . .  [goofy] . . . . And you should know how much I hate to have to go back and read the instructions!! . . .

Grumble, grumble, grumble, . . . . . Well I did my penance and figured out how to get the month and year to date rainfall on my station.  The monthly rainfall agrees.  However I set my year to the California June-July convention so that doesn't correspond at all.

I think you have to decide with data source you will rely upon and resign yourself to the fact that they won't always agree.  There are cosmic rays, gremlins and other unseen forces behind da' woodwork . . . . .

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2019, 11:05:55 PM »
Thanks Randall and Edouard. I just calibrated my console to match the Statistics reports and the CTW already matched those reports, so now I am in sync once again! Don't know how I got out of sync but this will have to be one fo those times when I blame it on the White House or WikiLeaks and move on.
Blick