Author Topic: Hello from Eastern Washington  (Read 3699 times)

Charlie Schorner

• Gentle Breeze
    • DW4698
    • KWAPRESC4
    • Weather Conditions, Prescott East
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2
Hello from Eastern Washington
« on: November 27, 2013, 05:55:20 AM »
Hey there! I'm Charlie, and I set up my weather station because the different microclimates around here are wildly different and there's almost no record of it. I'm using a Davis Vantage Pro2 wireless setup. The sensors are about 100 yards away from the house in a large, flat, open pasture. It's been up and running for a few years now. Check out my page on Weather Underground http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXDailyHistory.asp?ID=KWAPRESC4

Although I've been using WeatherCat (and LWS before that) for years, I've never checked out the forums before. I'm mainly interested in the "integration" forum as I'm looking for Twitter posting solutions and because I want to figure out how to add some weather data to a webcam image (other than the one used in the generated web pages).

So it's nice to be here! I'm looking forward to many interesting discussions!

wurzelmac

• Storm
    • ITIROLPR2
    • Wetterstation Pr?graten am Gro?venediger
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage PRO2 Plus (24h fan aspirated, wireless) with UV/Solar | Weather Envoy Data Logger | Mac mini 2023 M2 8/256 | 1x Canon EOS 1300D | macOS Sonoma 14.2
Re: Hello from Eastern Washington
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2013, 08:11:08 AM »
Hello Charlie,
welcome to the forum. I am sure that you will find some folks here for interesting discussions!
Cheers,
Reinhard
Reinhard

Randall75

• Storm
  • CWOP-CW6734 WeatherUnderground-KOHNEWAR6
    • CW6734
    • KOHNEWAR6
    • Randy's Weather On The Hill
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro 2 Plus.iMac i5 OS High Sierra 10.13.6 8GB Ram, WeatherCat 3,Logitech 9000 Pro Web Cam
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2013, 01:44:51 PM »
Hi Charlie
 And welcome to Trixology's Weathercat as Rheinhard said i sure some one can help you out with your needs For your twitter postings needs Edouard has some AppleScripts he is working on to up load to twitter

cheers

[cheers1]

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2013, 01:48:17 PM »
Welcome to the forum Charlie.
Blick

HantaYo

• Strong Breeze
    • CW3993
    • KCOSALID1
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro Plus via Keyspan Serial/USB adapator running on 10.9.4
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2013, 07:02:13 PM »
Welcome Eastern Washington!

Steve

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW8454
    • KOHAVON11
    • Avon Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Wireless VP2 Plus w/24 hr FARS, Leaf & Soil Station, 2023 Mac mini M2 Pro, 32GB RAM, Mac OS 14, WeatherCat 3.2
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2013, 10:02:58 PM »
Welcome to the WeatherCat forum, Charlie!

As noted above, Edouard has some wonderful AppleScripts that allow you to expand on WeatherCat. One is a nice Twitter uploaded that several of us use. Stay tuned, though, because he has been working on some helpful Twitter upgrades that he and I have been testing. You'll like it!

Glad you found us,
Steve
Steve - Avon, Ohio, USA

CWOP: DW8454 - WU: KOHAVON11 - AWEKAS - CoCoRaHS
PWSweather - WeatherCloud - Twitter - Facebook

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Welcome (Re: Hello from Eastern Washington)
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2013, 10:36:50 PM »
Dear Charlie and WeatherCat forum welcoming committee,  [cheer]

First let me also welcome you to the forum! http://www.canebas.org/Weather/LWC_forum/Custom_emoticons/welcome_smiley.gif

I'm mainly interested in the "integration" forum as I'm looking for Twitter posting solutions

I'm the guy who wrote the AppleScripts and you can have a look at the latest versions here:

http://athena.trixology.com/index.php?topic=984.0

These are "hobbyist grade" products that require you to get your hands dirty in AppleScript, but most folks have managed to get them to work.

As Steve has mentioned, I've completed an upgrade to WC Twitter Uploader that will make it easy to upload just about any weather data you might like at any time you might like.  Testing is complete, I need to do some brushing up, update the docs, and I'll be able to push it out the door!

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]

Charlie Schorner

• Gentle Breeze
    • DW4698
    • KWAPRESC4
    • Weather Conditions, Prescott East
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2013, 12:39:20 AM »
Hey everyone! Thanks for all the words of welcome! Sitting here smelling the turkey roast and checking out the forums. Happy Thanksgiving to all the US members, happy  Hanukkah to those who celebrate, and cheers to everyone else.

Randall75

• Storm
  • CWOP-CW6734 WeatherUnderground-KOHNEWAR6
    • CW6734
    • KOHNEWAR6
    • Randy's Weather On The Hill
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro 2 Plus.iMac i5 OS High Sierra 10.13.6 8GB Ram, WeatherCat 3,Logitech 9000 Pro Web Cam
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2013, 08:11:34 PM »
Hey Charlie
 Hope you had a wonderful Turkey day I'm stuffed had a great Thanksgiving here

cheers

[cheers1]