Author Topic: WeatherCat statistic  (Read 2425 times)

iccb

• Gentle Breeze
    • S??tilanne Eurassa
  • Station Details: Mac Mini (late 2018), Davis Vantage Pro2
WeatherCat statistic
« on: October 15, 2017, 07:37:59 PM »
Hi all!

On the weathercat statistic page there are the records. On left corner, there is timestamp of present time, but I suggest that there would also be records since timestamp??? First day would be day when you started using weathercat...
Would this be possible?

xairbusdriver

• Storm
    • EW7115 (E7115)
    • KTNGERMA20
    • Mid-South Weather
  • Station Details: Davis VP2 wireless + remote Anemometer/2014 Mac min - 10.15.7/WC 3.0.5
Re: WeatherCat statistic
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2017, 09:43:16 PM »
Sounds like a 'Feature Request' for Stu. It should be simple. After all, 'programming' is simply typing! cmu:-) I can see that info being useful in that tools display as well as he beginning date for the other choices/tabs. ThU32:-)

<CHOP>

My station/app install only goes back to ~May, 2015. I do have that info on my Statistics page. ;)
THERE ARE TWO TYPES OF COUNTRIES
Those that use metric = #1 Measurement system
And the United States = The Banana system

iccb

• Gentle Breeze
    • S??tilanne Eurassa
  • Station Details: Mac Mini (late 2018), Davis Vantage Pro2
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2017, 09:47:54 PM »
I was requesting somekind of text/information when weathercat was started to measure weather. The red text is just my "photoshop skills" to give example what I was looking for...  [rockon] [computer]

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Worth considering somehow. (Re: WeatherCat statistic)
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2017, 11:00:45 PM »
Dear iccb, X-Air, and WeatherCat feature-o-holics,

On the weathercat statistic page there are the records. On left corner, there is timestamp of present time, but I suggest that there would also be records since timestamp??? First day would be day when you started using weathercat...
Would this be possible?

I moved your topic to WeatherCat feature requests since . . . . that is what it is!  :)

Not sure how this should be implemented, but I think it would be handy.   Perhaps it should able as a WeatherCat tag somehow.  In the meantime, you can find out what day you started collecting data by clicking on the left-most arrow in WeatherCat controller (or daily view) window.  It is described on page 30 of the current WeatherCat manual.

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]

xairbusdriver

• Storm
    • EW7115 (E7115)
    • KTNGERMA20
    • Mid-South Weather
  • Station Details: Davis VP2 wireless + remote Anemometer/2014 Mac min - 10.15.7/WC 3.0.5
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2017, 11:44:04 PM »
"Date of First Data Collection" could be misleading unless the collecting is absolutely continuous. "Date of First Setting Up of WC" might be just as useful, at least in the historical sense. [interesting]
THERE ARE TWO TYPES OF COUNTRIES
Those that use metric = #1 Measurement system
And the United States = The Banana system