Author Topic: Steel Gauges  (Read 222543 times)

mcrossley

• Gale
  • Sorry, I'm not a WeatherCat user!
    • ICHESHIR25
    • Wilmslow Astro Weather
  • Station Details: Davis VP2 + home brew
Re: Steel Gauges
« Reply #195 on: May 19, 2013, 05:48:59 PM »
Hi Reinhard, that page seems to still be using the old version 9 http://wetter.unterwurzacher.at/realtimegaugesWC.txt, the script is failing at the moment because it is expecting a value from the version 10 file.
Mark

mcrossley

• Gale
    • ICHESHIR25
    • Wilmslow Astro Weather
« Reply #196 on: May 19, 2013, 05:58:01 PM »
But I see what the problem is now! Does WeatherCat have the ability to supply a "theoretical current solar maximum" value?
Edit: I guess not as I put a "N/A" value in the realtimetime file instead of a tag.

I'll patch 2.3.1 in a minute for you to test then I'll release as as version 2.3.2.
Mark

mcrossley

• Gale
    • ICHESHIR25
    • Wilmslow Astro Weather
« Reply #197 on: May 19, 2013, 06:07:10 PM »
Here is an updated version of 2.3.1 which I think will fix the WeatherCat issues - I had only partially allowed for the non-return of the current theoretical max solar value, and of course it crashed at that the line where I omitted the check.

Let me know if this works for you...
Mark

wurzelmac

• Storm
    • ITIROLPR2
    • Wetterstation Pr?graten am Gro?venediger
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage PRO2 Plus (24h fan aspirated, wireless) with UV/Solar | Weather Envoy Data Logger | Mac mini 2023 M2 8/256 | 1x Canon EOS 1300D | macOS Sonoma 14.2
« Reply #198 on: May 19, 2013, 06:08:15 PM »
I feed the testpage now with a file called "realtimegaugesWC_V10.txt" (just to not disturb the SteelGauges V2.3.0). And yes, I thought it has something to do with the new "N/A" value at the bottom of the .txt file.  :)

I will check out the updated version!
Reinhard

wurzelmac

• Storm
    • ITIROLPR2
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage PRO2 Plus (24h fan aspirated, wireless) with UV/Solar | Weather Envoy Data Logger | Mac mini 2023 M2 8/256 | 1x Canon EOS 1300D | macOS Sonoma 14.2
« Reply #199 on: May 19, 2013, 06:21:42 PM »
Hi Mark,
running perfect now except the gauge Solar Radiation (at the bottom right).

Cheers,
Reinhard

ps: Is there something to do within the script if WeatherCat provides us with the "theoretical current solar maximum" tag?
Reinhard

wurzelmac

• Storm
    • ITIROLPR2
« Reply #200 on: May 19, 2013, 06:30:36 PM »
Hi Mark,

got it: The searched tag is CPS$  [bounce]

Cheers,
Reinhard

UPDATE: All gauges working now as they should, automatic update ok, pop-up images ok! Thank you for your help!  [cheers1]
Reinhard

wurzelmac

• Storm
    • ITIROLPR2
« Reply #201 on: May 19, 2013, 07:12:05 PM »
got it: The searched tag is CPS$

Shame on me, Stu: You announced this tag in this thread, first point of the changes.  :-[ I didn't know what to do with this tag until now...  ::)
Maybe sometimes a cup of coffee would be better than a bottle of beer.  [coffee]

Thank you very much:
Mark for helping me resolve this issue and bringing your SteelGauges to us WeatherCat fans!
Stu for giving us Mac users such a great piece of weather software!

Reinhard
Reinhard

mcrossley

• Gale
    • ICHESHIR25
    • Wilmslow Astro Weather
« Reply #202 on: May 19, 2013, 07:17:26 PM »
OK, here is an unofficial test version of 2.3.2 - can you check it out for errors, if it is OK it will become the official release and I will remove it from this thread. Nice that WC will now have a 'fully featured' solar gauge :)

Code: [Select]
  * Only WeatherCat users need to update from v2.3.1
  * Updated gauges.js
    - Fixed handling of current theoretical solar radiation in doSolar() for WC users
    - Made realtimegauges JSON file weather program dependent so updates to the JSON file for one program can
      be made idenpendently of the others
  * Updated realtimegaugesWC.txt
    - Added tag value for CurrentSolarMax to replace "N/A"
    - Version uplifted to 11
Mark

WCDev

• WeatherCat Developer
  • Administrator
  • Storm
    • CW9739
    • ISCOTLAN25
    • Trixology
  • Station Details: Main Station: Vantage Pro-2, 24hr fars, solar, soil/leaf station, extra temp stations, no U.V. WeatherLink IP.
« Reply #203 on: May 19, 2013, 07:45:20 PM »
Be aware that CPS$ hasn't been released yet (but is available in the current development builds). This goes back to a conversion we had a while back about how I'd put in the tag in the 1.2.0 development.

Cheers,
Stu.

wurzelmac

• Storm
    • ITIROLPR2
« Reply #204 on: May 19, 2013, 07:54:53 PM »
...can you check it out for errors, if it is OK it will become the official release...
Adjusted all changes to fit optical with my weather site: It works as expected, give it a go!
(Maybe you should give a note that this version of SteelGauges would only work with WeatherCat V1.2 onwards - because the desired tag is available not prior this version.)

Thanks a lot!
Reinhard
Reinhard

mcrossley

• Gale
    • ICHESHIR25
    • Wilmslow Astro Weather
« Reply #205 on: May 19, 2013, 09:03:40 PM »
OK, version 2.3.2 is 'official'

I have actually made a couple of changes from the test version posted earlier. The script now checks for WC version 1.2 or later (was 1.12) and I have added Portuguese to the language files.

http://wiki.sandaysoft.com/a/SteelSeries_Gauges

* Only WeatherCat users need to update from v2.3.1 unless you want the additional Portuguese translation
  * WeatherCat version 1.2 or later is required to run this update.
  * Updated gauges.js
    - Fixed handling of current theoretical solar radiation in doSolar() for WC users
    - Made realtimegauges JSON file weather program dependent so updates to the JSON file for one program can be made idenpendently of the others
  * Updated realtimegaugesWC.txt
    - Added tag value for CurrentSolarMax to replace "N/A"
    - Version uplifted to 11
  * Updated language.js/language.min.js
    - Added Portuguese translation by 'Werk_AG'
Mark

JosBaz

• Strong Breeze
    • INBRSON2
    • Weatherstation Son en Breugel, The Netherlands
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Wireless, WeatherCat on Mac OS X 10.13.6
« Reply #206 on: May 20, 2013, 08:52:45 AM »
Thank you Mark and Reinhard.

Works fine for me too now.
FYI: since WC 1.2 was not available yet, I downloaded the version 2.3.2 files and then replaced the gauges.js with the version you posted here (gauges.js.txt). Made adjustments for it to support my directory structure and all working fine now.
  [woohoo]

Upgraded to WC 1.2 just now and replaced the gauges file with the new one. All is fine!  :)

Jos

mcrossley

• Gale
    • ICHESHIR25
    • Wilmslow Astro Weather
« Reply #207 on: May 20, 2013, 09:21:04 AM »
Sorry, I hadn't realised WC v1.20 was a dev release - hopefully it will be production before too long.
Mark

wurzelmac

• Storm
    • ITIROLPR2
« Reply #208 on: May 20, 2013, 09:29:41 AM »
Hi Mark,
the latest Version installed and running - all perfect except the following typo: In the "realtimegaugesWC.txt" the new tag is wrong named  "CP$" instead of correct "CPS$" - for me it was no problem but for other ones you should correct it. Shouldn't be a lot of work.  :)

Cheers,
Reinhard
Reinhard

mcrossley

• Gale
    • ICHESHIR25
    • Wilmslow Astro Weather
« Reply #209 on: May 20, 2013, 09:41:14 AM »
Oops, thanks Reinhard - I have updated the 3.2.2 zip file with the amended realtimegaugesWC.txt file.

Please re-download it if you are not comfortable editing the file yourself.

I really need to recruit a WC beta tester or two for the next release.
Mark