Author Topic: Steel Gauges  (Read 222205 times)

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
Re: Steel Gauges
« Reply #495 on: August 29, 2017, 02:14:58 AM »
Mark has made some nice improvements, Steve.
Blick

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
« Reply #496 on: August 29, 2017, 06:58:59 AM »
I have now updated the Wiki for the most recent version of Mark Crossley's SteelSeries Gauges (2.6.3).

Generally, if you are using a template, this does not apply to your website if the developer has provided you with that template's version of the Gauges. However, if you are using Edouard's SeaMonkey template, it is time to put some pressure on him to leave the Buick in the garage for 24 hours and install these ultra-cool gauges on his website so he will have something about which to be excited other than how hot and dry it is in California.

Have fun.

http://wiki.trixology.com/index.php?title=Steel_Series_Gauges
Blick

mcrossley

• Gale
  • Sorry, I'm not a WeatherCat user!
    • ICHESHIR25
    • Wilmslow Astro Weather
  • Station Details: Davis VP2 + home brew
« Reply #497 on: August 31, 2017, 03:48:23 PM »
Hopefully it has reached the stage now where most changes are "tweaks" rather than big fixes or new features. Though there are bugs reported occasionally that make you think "How did I miss that?!" (probably along with everyone else too ;) )
Mark

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
« Reply #498 on: August 31, 2017, 03:56:20 PM »
Mark, we appreciate your time and effort on this. You have been great. Reinhard and I are still hoping that your have the altimeter skin on your some-day-to-do list for the cloud base gauge.  :D
Blick

mcrossley

• Gale
    • ICHESHIR25
    • Wilmslow Astro Weather
« Reply #499 on: August 31, 2017, 06:11:08 PM »
For the altimeter you will need to use the "full fat" version of the SteelSeries library and substitute that for the lite version I supply with the weather gauges.

Then a cut'n'paste of the code from my page, you should just need the function "singleCloudBase = (function () {...})()" from my version of the gauges script.

Now I may write it up for you one day....   :-\
Mark

wurzelmac

• Storm
    • ITIROLPR2
    • Wetterstation Pr?graten am Gro?venediger
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage PRO2 Plus (24h fan aspirated, wireless) with UV/Solar | Weather Envoy Data Logger | Mac mini 2023 M2 8/256 | 1x Canon EOS 1300D | macOS Sonoma 14.2
« Reply #500 on: September 01, 2017, 04:09:44 PM »
Please Mark, can you turn on some light in my brain?  :-[

Where can i find the full fat library - your first link (SteelSeries library) link takes me to your scripts. And if I can finally find the library, just replace it or add it to the webserver stuff?
Reinhard

wurzelmac

• Storm
    • ITIROLPR2
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage PRO2 Plus (24h fan aspirated, wireless) with UV/Solar | Weather Envoy Data Logger | Mac mini 2023 M2 8/256 | 1x Canon EOS 1300D | macOS Sonoma 14.2
« Reply #501 on: October 15, 2017, 11:16:12 AM »
Another question to Mark (maybe you can find some spare time to answer, not urgent):

Is it possible to add a third (or more) parameter(s) to the temperature gauge: Outdoor, Indoor, T1 (T2, T3, ...)? For the txt file it should be no problem to feed the script with additional parameters.

Thanks in advance,
Reinhard

mcrossley

• Gale
    • ICHESHIR25
    • Wilmslow Astro Weather
« Reply #502 on: October 15, 2017, 10:30:40 PM »
Please Mark, can you turn on some light in my brain?  :-[

Where can i find the full fat library - your first link (SteelSeries library) link takes me to your scripts. And if I can finally find the library, just replace it or add it to the webserver stuff?

Sorry, I missed this post for some reason - if you are still looking, it can be found at https://github.com/HanSolo/SteelSeries-Canvas

Quote from: wurzelmac
Is it possible to add a third (or more) parameter(s) to the temperature gauge: Outdoor, Indoor, T1 (T2, T3, ...)? For the txt file it should be no problem to feed the script with additional parameters.

Almost anything is possible given enough time and effort  ;)
I'd change the "if (sel === 'out'){}else{}" construct in singleTemp().update() to a switch() statement with a case for each temperature type.
Also change the
Code: [Select]
                    if (cache.selected === 'out') {
                        cache.areas = [steelseries.Section(+cache.low, +cache.high, gaugeGlobals.minMaxArea)];
                    } else {
                        cache.areas = [];
                    }
to a switch() as well.

Add the additional options to the HTML.

Mark

wurzelmac

• Storm
    • ITIROLPR2
« Reply #503 on: October 16, 2017, 05:53:04 PM »
Thanks for the hints, Mark - much appreciated! I will see what I am able to do...  [computer]

:)
Reinhard

mcrossley

• Gale
    • ICHESHIR25
    • Wilmslow Astro Weather
« Reply #504 on: October 16, 2017, 06:08:31 PM »
Actually, just take a look at the code in "singleDew", that has the framework you need in place already!   ::)
Mark

wurzelmac

• Storm
    • ITIROLPR2
« Reply #505 on: October 17, 2017, 07:20:05 PM »
Actually, just take a look at the code in "singleDew", that has the framework you need in place already!   ::)

[rockon]

Coming sunday there is bad weather predicted - nice forecast for home working...  :)
Reinhard

wurzelmac

• Storm
    • ITIROLPR2
« Reply #506 on: December 15, 2017, 11:40:26 AM »
Ok, I have to say that I failed miserably in adding a third option to the temperature gauge.  :-[  ;)
Thanks Mark for updating the scripts to 2.6.4 - much appreciated! You *may* also update the readme.txt headline to 2.6.4.  ;D
Thanks again!
Reinhard

mcrossley

• Gale
    • ICHESHIR25
    • Wilmslow Astro Weather
« Reply #507 on: December 15, 2017, 12:51:33 PM »
If you want to make your code available I can take a look.

2.6.4 - Readme updated! [banghead] Gosh! first released 2011 - about time I did something new!   [lol2]
Mark

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
« Reply #508 on: December 15, 2017, 05:19:22 PM »
Mark:

What changed from 2.6.3 to 2.6.4?

Thanks.
Blick

mcrossley

• Gale
    • ICHESHIR25
    • Wilmslow Astro Weather
« Reply #509 on: December 15, 2017, 05:25:44 PM »
Nothing functional, I just changed any internal html links to be http/https friendly as quite a few people (including me) are enabling SSL on their sites.
Mark