Author Topic: Station summary climate data using STAT$ - can this be done?  (Read 2116 times)

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Station summary climate data using STAT$ - can this be done?
« on: October 15, 2013, 11:20:07 PM »
Dear WeatherCat webmisters,

It occurred to that now with 5 years of data, it might be fun to create a table of average weather conditions at the house based on all the data thus-far collected.  I was imagining something like this website which is intended for people looking for a new place to live:

http://www.idcide.com/weather/ca/orinda.htm

Here is a screen-shot from that site for the impatient:

I was thinking about three tables.  One table would have record high temperature, the average high temperature, the mean monthly temperature, the average low temperature and the record low temperature for each of the 12 months of the year given the data I have now. 

The second would have something analogous for wind like: observed record high wind gust for a given month, the average daily wind gust high for a month, and the average sustained wind speeds all for a given month.

The third would have record high precipitation, average precipitation in a given month, and record low precipitation for each of the 12 months.

Now it sounds simple enough, but I took a look at the capabilities of the STAT$ and i don't think I see the functionality I need to create these tables.  Now, I've never used that tag much, so I could be wrong.  Can somebody tell me if I can create the tables I'm imagining with the existing functionality of WeatherCat?

If it cannot be done, is there much interest in having climate summary tables like this as a future addition to WeatherCat?  If so how you you wanted it implemented?

Curious minds want to know!

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]