Author Topic: Maplin N96GY/ (Ambient Weather WS1080)  (Read 4405 times)

@p@t

• Gentle Breeze
  • Station Details: Maplin N96GY(WH1080) / MacMini Intel
Maplin N96GY/ (Ambient Weather WS1080)
« on: June 15, 2013, 05:36:10 PM »
I just bought and installed this. two questions:
1) how can I reset all values and start from scratch without climbing on the mast an removing the batteries on the receiver unit
2) I have not had any rain for the last 24hr but the rain gauge says I have had 13.2mm of rain?! Also weatherCat show a precipitation per hour of 24.6 (red bar) (blue bar=0)

Consider I am a 24hr amateur meteorologist

WCDev

• WeatherCat Developer
  • Administrator
  • Storm
    • CW9739
    • ISCOTLAN25
    • Trixology
  • Station Details: Main Station: Vantage Pro-2, 24hr fars, solar, soil/leaf station, extra temp stations, no U.V. WeatherLink IP.
Re: Maplin N96GY/ (Ambient Weather WS1080)
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2013, 10:34:49 PM »
Hello Alexander - welcome to the forum!

I'm not sure it is possible to clear the rain counter on WH1080 - certainly you can clear the total rain as displayed on the console but I don't think this will affect the total rain reported to the computer (willing to be corrected here - check with the manual that came with your station) The WH1080 only has one rain output - the total, so WeatherCat will take that as the daily rain when first run (if it's less than a few 10's of millimetres) - you can correct it with the daily rain editor tomorrow.

Be aware that if you've mounted the rain gauge on the mast, it may read rain when there is none as it's quite susceptible to vibrations - wind for example - I'd recommend mounting the rain gauge on something more solid that the mast that comes with the station.

Finally, you can clear all WeatherCat's data by going to its preferences (Location/Colours) and hitting the Delete Data button - this will clear everything apart from the settings. Once it's done, reboot WeatherCat.

Cheers,
Stu.