Author Topic: Anybody else having problems with GoDaddy web hosting?  (Read 2332 times)

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Anybody else having problems with GoDaddy web hosting?
« on: March 19, 2013, 09:25:38 PM »
Dear WeatherCat fans,

Da' Cat reported an FTP overdrive on my computer at about 1pm PDT and sure enough my GoDaddy hosted website is no longer responding.  I checked the GoDaddy website, expecting to see that they were having an outage, but nothing is reported on their website.  I tried to submit an online trouble-ticket, that system never completed its transaction.  Finally I tried to call their technical support number and the call - wouldn't go through!

Now I would expect this sort of situation would be a serious outage and there would be some sort of report on the web about it.  However, Google doesn't find anything.

Anyone else use GoDaddy for their website and if so, is it still working for you?

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]

nowait

• Strong Breeze
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro 2 Wireless (Heated) on a Snow Leopard Mac Mini
Re: Anybody else having problems with GoDaddy web hosting?
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2013, 11:22:28 AM »
I use GoDaddy but I did not notice an outage in my area (of course that doesn't mean they didn't have an outage).  I have had problems when I had an outage getting through on the phone.  Hold times seemed very too long.  I spent too much time helping them localize the problem which turned out to be a switch someplace that failed.  Took them hours to resolve.

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Problem went away overnight (Re: problems with GoDaddy web hosting?)
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2013, 08:09:42 PM »
Hi Nowait and WeatherCat fans,

Whatever it was it was gone when I got up this morning.

Oh well . . . . . . . 

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]