Author Topic: Steel Gauges  (Read 221502 times)

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
Re: Steel Gauges
« Reply #510 on: December 15, 2017, 05:28:43 PM »
Thanks for the quick reply. I am using SSL on my site. Do I need to change anything when I upgrade to 2.6.4 or just make my usual edits?
Blick

mcrossley

• Gale
  • Sorry, I'm not a WeatherCat user!
    • ICHESHIR25
    • Wilmslow Astro Weather
  • Station Details: Davis VP2 + home brew
« Reply #511 on: December 15, 2017, 05:32:49 PM »
If you are already using SSL with 2.6.3 and have it working there is no need to update, I'd save the effort and wait for a release that has functional changes/fixes.
Mark

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
« Reply #512 on: December 15, 2017, 05:36:33 PM »
Ok. Thanks mate. I'll sit tight and wait (with Reinhard) for you to implement the altimeter look to the cloud base gauge.  ;D

By the way, I had a look at your Astro website this morning. A very interesting read.
Blick

mcrossley

• Gale
    • ICHESHIR25
    • Wilmslow Astro Weather
« Reply #513 on: December 15, 2017, 05:46:00 PM »
I'm afraid my astro site hasn't been updated in a very long time.
Mark

wurzelmac

• Storm
    • ITIROLPR2
    • Wetterstation Pr?graten am Gro?venediger
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage PRO2 Plus (24h fan aspirated, wireless) with UV/Solar | Weather Envoy Data Logger | Mac mini 2023 M2 8/256 | 1x Canon EOS 1300D | macOS Sonoma 14.2
« Reply #514 on: December 15, 2017, 06:38:48 PM »
If you want to make your code available I can take a look.

I take a look at the code for some hours but I really don't dare to write any line to fit to my goal - too heavy for me.  :-[
Reinhard

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
« Reply #515 on: January 24, 2018, 05:21:34 PM »
Mark:

I guess I haven't been paying attention, but just noticed for the first time, a yellow (greenish) band on the Solar Radiation gauge. I know the red band is the current solar radiation range, but what does the yellow band represent? Most of the time when I look at the gauge there is no yellow band. See attached.
Blick

wurzelmac

• Storm
    • ITIROLPR2
    • Wetterstation Pr?graten am Gro?venediger
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage PRO2 Plus (24h fan aspirated, wireless) with UV/Solar | Weather Envoy Data Logger | Mac mini 2023 M2 8/256 | 1x Canon EOS 1300D | macOS Sonoma 14.2
« Reply #516 on: January 24, 2018, 06:28:42 PM »
Hello Blick,
maybe I can help:
  * Updated gauges.js
    - Solar gauge: Fixed the "over theoretical" sector not displaying correctly above the default gauge max scale value.
    - Solar gauge: Added sector to indicate 'sun is shining'.
    - Wind gauge: Added animation to rescaling.
    - UV gauge: Added rescaling back to default and animation.
    - Rain gauge: Added rescaling back to default.
So it seems that when the needle arrives this sector the LED "sunshine" begins to glow.
Reinhard

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
« Reply #517 on: January 24, 2018, 06:36:07 PM »
Ah! So once again you have demonstrated that it is a good idea to review the documentation. Thanks Reinhard.
Blick

mcrossley

• Gale
    • ICHESHIR25
    • Wilmslow Astro Weather
« Reply #518 on: January 25, 2018, 10:46:51 AM »
Sorry, been a bit busy with paid work (it sometimes gets in the way of *real* work  ;) ).
But, spot on, it indicates the current threshold above which it is deemed that the sun is shining. It is crude, but the best we can do without a true sunshine detector, and normally it is fairly accurate.
Mark

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
« Reply #519 on: January 25, 2018, 05:03:43 PM »
Thanks, Mark. And sorry about your job getting in the way. Haha. Happens to the best of us.
Blick

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
« Reply #520 on: March 20, 2018, 04:25:10 PM »
Mark:

I am using version 2.6.3 and trying to add a logo to the gauges. I started by editing gauges.js but all I did was delete the comment codes as follows:

Code: [Select]
            // Logo images are used to 'personalise' the gauge backgrounds
            // To add a logo to a gauge, add the parameter:
                params.customLayer = _imgBackground;
            // to the corresponding drawXxxx() function below.
            //
            // These are for demo only, to add them remove the comments around the following lines, and
            // the _imgBackground definition line above...

_imgBackground = document.createElement('img');                 // small logo
            $(_imgBackground).attr('src', config.imgPathURL + 'logoSmall.png');

// End of logo images

I also uncommented line 191 as follows:

_imgBackground,    // Uncomment if using a background image on the gauges */
The result was that none of the gauges displayed. Are the blank lines a problem? The logoSmall.png is in the same folder as the background image I am using and it displays properly. Can you tell me what am I doing wrong?

Thanks.
Blick

mcrossley

• Gale
    • ICHESHIR25
    • Wilmslow Astro Weather
« Reply #521 on: March 20, 2018, 07:07:21 PM »
Hmm, it's been a long time since I looked at that featurette - though I did see a site using it recently so presumably it can be made to work!

Could you put up a test page for me with your modded code and I'll have a debug?...
Mark

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
« Reply #522 on: March 21, 2018, 08:40:24 PM »
Mark:

Thanks so much for your willingness to take a look. I have a test page, although because WeatherCat uploads the data to only one folder (and that is the folder for my live gauges) the data for the test page is not current, but you should be able to see that the gauges do not display when I attempt to add the log to the gauge.

https://timberlakesutah.com/weather-test-page/

Any insight is appreciated.
Blick

mcrossley

• Gale
    • ICHESHIR25
    • Wilmslow Astro Weather
« Reply #523 on: March 21, 2018, 09:09:31 PM »
Thanks, well it still works!

You have uncommented an example at line 382, add the comment characters back in there.
            //    params.customLayer = _imgBackground;
Then at each singleXxxxx() gauge definition where you want the image to appear, add the line...
params.customLayer = _imgBackground;to the rest of the parameters.

Line 738 in the temperature gauge - singleTemp() already has an example commented out, just remove the comment from this gauge to test the feature, you can do others later.

You should then see something like this...
Mark

mcrossley

• Gale
    • ICHESHIR25
    • Wilmslow Astro Weather
« Reply #524 on: March 21, 2018, 09:11:42 PM »
I've not really found much use for this though!
Mark