Author Topic: Weather Station Seasonal Maintenance Checklist.  (Read 39410 times)

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
Re: Weather Station Seasonal Maintenance Checklist.
« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2016, 01:57:58 AM »
Just cleaned mine and it needed it.  Davis has a nice video about cleaning the solar and UV sensors, although good luck finding anything on that new website of theirs.
Blick

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Done! (Re: Weather Station Seasonal Maintenance Checklist.)
« Reply #31 on: October 06, 2016, 11:27:53 PM »
Dear Blick and WeatherCat operators of a tidy weather station,

Just cleaned mine and it needed it.  Davis has a nice video about cleaning the solar and UV sensors

Darn it! I forgot to check the radiation sensor.  Fortunately, I just took a quick look and it is perfectly clean.

Although good luck finding anything on that new website of theirs.

Alas, point painfully well taken.  >:(

However, you might have better luck finding their videos on their You-Tube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/davisinstruments

Also, you can always resort to doing a Google search of their new website.

Cheers, Edouard

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Done it yet? (Re: Weather Station Seasonal Maintenance Checklist.)
« Reply #32 on: October 10, 2020, 10:46:33 PM »
Dear WeatherCat station caregivers,

The seasons are changing.  As this happens your window to maintain your station is closing.  Those of us in the Northern Hemisphere might want to go back to the maintenance checklist that is on the WeatherCat Wiki:

https://wiki.trixology.com/index.php?title=Station_Maintenance

I've started but time is definitely not on my side!  :o

We haven't had any folks from the Southern Hemisphere post in a while, but for those lurkers on the forum.  The start of spring is a good time to look over your station components to see if any significant maintenance is needed: from repainting, to replacing brackets or towers, to replacing instruments or cabling.

Perhaps it isn't glamorous, but it is far better to fix your station in advance than to curse about all the data you lost because your station broken down!

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]

xairbusdriver

• Storm
    • EW7115 (E7115)
    • KTNGERMA20
    • Mid-South Weather
  • Station Details: Davis VP2 wireless + remote Anemometer/2014 Mac min - 10.15.7/WC 3.0.5
Re: Weather Station Seasonal Maintenance Checklist.
« Reply #33 on: October 10, 2020, 10:56:38 PM »
What would really be nice is for our Left Coast Admin to send us new batteries at least once a year. It would save him time and energy which he spends in writing (or copying and pasting[?]) his seasonal maintenance reminders. Hey! I'm just looking for ways to save him some time that he never seems to have enough of! [lol] 'jis lookin' out fer ya, Eduoard! ThU5:-)

BYW, I need two of those C123 batteries, to replace the two I used last month. :P
THERE ARE TWO TYPES OF COUNTRIES
Those that use metric = #1 Measurement system
And the United States = The Banana system

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
Time to check once more! (Re: Weather Station Seasonal Maintenance Checklist.)
« Reply #34 on: October 06, 2022, 11:21:18 PM »
Dear WeatherCat station caregivers,

Alas for many of you, this reminder might be already too late in the season.  However for those of us in the Northern Hemisphere, it is definitely time to make any checks that are necessary to make sure your station will operate without interruption through the winter.

Those of you in the Southern Hemisphere, it is a good time to look over your station installation and see if any significant maintenance (repainting, structural repairs, etc.) is required before the heat of summer sets in.

Cheers, Edouard