Author Topic: Latest WeatherCat Tags  (Read 22995 times)

Administrator

• Administrator
  • Strong Breeze
Latest WeatherCat Tags
« on: February 12, 2012, 01:19:23 AM »
The latest tags can be found at: http://live.trixology.com/custom/
(This is live data from our station in sunny Scotland).

Note that the above page may be generated by a development version of WeatherCat and may contain tags not available yet. The template file for the above page is attached to this post - it contains examples of all tags.

You can also find all currently supported tags in the Custom Web Help (Preferences->On-line->Custom Web and hit the 'Show Help' button).

[Edit: Updated for version 0.95]
[Edit: Updated for version 0.96, URL changed]

Thank you,
Your friendly admin.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 09:39:04 AM by WCDev »

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
I want to play too!! :-) (Re: Latest WeatherCat Tags)
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2012, 02:56:42 AM »
Hello friendly admin.  :)

The latest tags can be found at: http://www.trixology.com/live_weather/custom/ (This is live data from our station in sunny Scotland).

Golly is that so?  I didn't realize that Scotland was so far north that you received sunlight 24 hours a day!!  [lol]

Seriously, could you provide us with whatever version of this template file corresponds to the current release so we could run it on our websites? 

Every now and then I'm trying to answer a question about a web tag that I don't run on my website and I have to scramble to find an instance of whatever the tag is.  If I have this template running, I can immediately go and look to see: so what is this tag supposed to look like anyway given the current conditions around my neck of the woods?  ???

Also, it allows you to look at what is generated by other stations in a standardized way.  Just in case you have to troubleshoot an "afflicted" station.  Seeing how the tags are generated might be another source of "clues".

Thanks is advance!!  [bounce]

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]

WCDev

• WeatherCat Developer
  • Administrator
  • Storm
    • CW9739
    • ISCOTLAN25
    • Trixology
  • Station Details: Main Station: Vantage Pro-2, 24hr fars, solar, soil/leaf station, extra temp stations, no U.V. WeatherLink IP.
Re: I want to play too!! :-) (Re: Latest WeatherCat Tags)
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2012, 12:42:05 PM »
Hello friendly admin.  :)

The latest tags can be found at: http://www.trixology.com/live_weather/custom/ (This is live data from our station in sunny Scotland).

Golly is that so?  I didn't realize that Scotland was so far north that you received sunlight 24 hours a day!!  [lol]

Seriously, could you provide us with whatever version of this template file corresponds to the current release so we could run it on our websites? 

Every now and then I'm trying to answer a question about a web tag that I don't run on my website and I have to scramble to find an instance of whatever the tag is.  If I have this template running, I can immediately go and look to see: so what is this tag supposed to look like anyway given the current conditions around my neck of the woods?  ???

Also, it allows you to look at what is generated by other stations in a standardized way.  Just in case you have to troubleshoot an "afflicted" station.  Seeing how the tags are generated might be another source of "clues".

Thanks is advance!!  [bounce]

Yep, good point Edouard - they've been appended to the sticky.

Cheers,
Stu.

Steve

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW8454
    • KOHAVON11
    • Avon Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Wireless VP2 Plus w/24 hr FARS, Leaf & Soil Station, 2023 Mac mini M2 Pro, 32GB RAM, Mac OS 14, WeatherCat 3.2
Re: Latest WeatherCat Tags
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2012, 03:21:43 PM »
Steve - Avon, Ohio, USA

CWOP: DW8454 - WU: KOHAVON11 - AWEKAS - CoCoRaHS
PWSweather - WeatherCloud - Twitter - Facebook

WCDev

• WeatherCat Developer
  • Administrator
  • Storm
    • CW9739
    • ISCOTLAN25
    • Trixology
  • Station Details: Main Station: Vantage Pro-2, 24hr fars, solar, soil/leaf station, extra temp stations, no U.V. WeatherLink IP.
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2012, 03:47:06 PM »
Looks good Steve - just watch the bandwidth - that page does process every possible tag and the first 8 custom graphs - it can add a lot to your bandwidth.

Cheers,
Stu.

Steve

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW8454
    • KOHAVON11
    • Avon Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Wireless VP2 Plus w/24 hr FARS, Leaf & Soil Station, 2023 Mac mini M2 Pro, 32GB RAM, Mac OS 14, WeatherCat 3.2
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2012, 04:10:42 PM »
Looks good Steve - just watch the bandwidth - that page does process every possible tag and the first 8 custom graphs - it can add a lot to your bandwidth.

Cheers,
Stu.

I'll keep an eye on it. I'm already sending something like 25 GB/month via FTP. Good thing I have unlimited!
Steve - Avon, Ohio, USA

CWOP: DW8454 - WU: KOHAVON11 - AWEKAS - CoCoRaHS
PWSweather - WeatherCloud - Twitter - Facebook

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Would less frequent upload help? (Re: Latest WeatherCat Tags)
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2012, 04:38:26 PM »
Howdy Stu and WeatherCat fans,

Thanks Stu for the all tags file - just installed it.

Since WeatherCat allows us to upload particular files at different frequencies, I set it to only upload this file every 30 minutes.  Will that help with the bandwidth issues?  Is WeatherCat smart enough to collect all those files only when actually needed?

Thanks for your great work Stu!!  [rock]

WCDev

• WeatherCat Developer
  • Administrator
  • Storm
    • CW9739
    • ISCOTLAN25
    • Trixology
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2012, 05:14:27 PM »
Not really Edouard. WeatherCat will allow a resource to be out of date by up to one minute. So lets suppose your main custom web processing runs, everything will be generated and sent for upload. 2 minutes later you process the all_tags file - all resources required by the tags will be generated and uploaded again.

If however the tag file is processed within a minute of the resources being generated, then the resources won't be generated or uploaded again - it'll just use the ones generated and uploaded previously.

This does not apply to all resources however; custom graphs are currently generated and uploaded whenever the relevant tag is processed as are webcam tags (exception being the time-lapse movie - this is upload just once on the first run past the hour (assuming a movie$ tag was processed)).

It's an ongoing challenge I face to be able to determine what and when should be generated and uploaded.

Luckily WeatherCat's status window allows you to see easily how much stuff you've uploaded. We'll see that improve in the future to maintain monthly & weekly totals.

Cheers,
Stu.

nowait

• Strong Breeze
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro 2 Wireless (Heated) on a Snow Leopard Mac Mini
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2015, 02:32:59 AM »
Is there a current "Latest WeatherCat Tags" html source file available?
Like the file that is "live" showing the latest WeatherCat (http://live.trixology.com/custom/)
I'm hoping to be able to cut and paste from the file to create my own Records page(s).

Thanks!

nowait

WCDev

• WeatherCat Developer
  • Administrator
  • Storm
    • CW9739
    • ISCOTLAN25
    • Trixology
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2015, 05:55:18 PM »
Here's the latest non-development one (Nov 2014) [tup]

nowait

• Strong Breeze
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro 2 Wireless (Heated) on a Snow Leopard Mac Mini
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2015, 01:33:33 AM »
Thanks!

mcrossley

• Gale
  • Sorry, I'm not a WeatherCat user!
    • ICHESHIR25
    • Wilmslow Astro Weather
  • Station Details: Davis VP2 + home brew
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2015, 04:23:08 PM »
Do you have tags for the current cloud base value and UoM? (I see you have graphs and gauges listed).
Mark

WCDev

• WeatherCat Developer
  • Administrator
  • Storm
    • CW9739
    • ISCOTLAN25
    • Trixology
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2015, 07:38:37 PM »
Hi Mark,
There are no tags for cloud base, additionally WeatherCat doesn't keep stats for cloud-base so it isn't just a case of adding some tags.

What kind of data are you looking for? Is it just the current value and the height units?

mcrossley

• Gale
  • Sorry, I'm not a WeatherCat user!
    • ICHESHIR25
    • Wilmslow Astro Weather
  • Station Details: Davis VP2 + home brew
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2015, 09:40:15 AM »
Yes, just the current value and units is fine.
Mark

WCDev

• WeatherCat Developer
  • Administrator
  • Storm
    • CW9739
    • ISCOTLAN25
    • Trixology
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2015, 04:41:19 PM »
Thanks Mark, I'll see if I can get those into the 2.1 release.