WeatherCat > WeatherCat General Discussion

Advice on selling station

(1/1)

Mtn.Marty:
I'm wishing to sell my Davis Vantage Vue and Mac interface. Can anyone suggest a method other than eBay?

Blicj11:
Are giving up the hobby, switching to Windows, or upgrading your hardware?

xairbusdriver:
Not sure what you mean by "Mac interface". Does that mean the computer or just the WeatherCat software?

You might consider donating the hardware to a local school. They might not need or be able to use the "Mac interface". You might be able to take a tax deduction for the fair market value of the Vue. You'd want to ask your CPA, however, to see if that is worth the trouble.

You could also try posting at Wx forum.net. They even have a 'sell/trade' forum, For Sale/Wanted topics. ;)

elagache:
Dear Mtn.Marty, Blick, X-Air and WeatherCat wheeler dealers, . . .

--- Quote from: Mtn.Marty on September 25, 2018, 04:11:21 PM ---I'm wishing to sell my Davis Vantage Vue and Mac interface. Can anyone suggest a method other than eBay?

--- End quote ---

X-Air's advice of Wx Forum is probably your best alternative to eBay.  However for the sake of completeness we have a topic where put weather equipment for sale in principle would be okay.  It is this topic:

http://athena.trixology.com/index.php?board=16.0

However, nobody has ever put anything for sale on this forum so admittedly it isn't likely to be your most aggressive venue for a sale.

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]

dfw_pilot:

--- Quote from: xairbusdriver on September 25, 2018, 04:42:04 PM ---You might consider donating the hardware to a local school.

--- End quote ---

I love this suggestion.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version