General Category > New Member Introductions

Hello from Adelaide, South Australia

(1/2) > >>

Ryan Hothersall:
Have been using a Mac mini for a year and decided I had enough of Windows, so moved that machine on and got a 27 imac, a second hand 2014 model. I wold like a brand new one which would last me many years, but because of the Australia tax, they are hugely expensive (so was the VP2 when I got it years ago).

I have had a Davis Vantage Oro 2 plus set up since 2098. Been a great station. Apart from a new battery in the ISS every 3-4 years and only having to replace the anemometer early this year.

The Mac mini I have set up as the weather computer running WeatherCat. As others have said in these forums, getting your historical data into WeatherCat is quite hard, so any help with that would be greatly appreciated.

wurzelmac:
Welcome, Ryan! Nice to have another participant on the forum!

elagache:
Dear Ryan and WeatherCat welcome wagon . .. .

By all means welcome to the WeatherCat forum! . . . .

--- Quote from: Ryan Hothersall on July 28, 2018, 05:56:12 AM ---Have been using a Mac mini for a year and decided I had enough of Windows, so moved that machine on and got a 27 imac, a second hand 2014 model. I wold like a brand new one which would last me many years, but because of the Australia tax, they are hugely expensive (so was the VP2 when I got it years ago).
--- End quote ---

Congratulations on the switch!  We all have to do some belt tightening these days.

--- Quote from: Ryan Hothersall on July 28, 2018, 05:56:12 AM ---I have had a Davis Vantage Oro 2 plus set up since 2098. Been a great station. Apart from a new battery in the ISS every 3-4 years and only having to replace the anemometer early this year.
--- End quote ---

[wink] . . . . I do hope you mean 1998!  Otherwise you would have a time machine that everybody studying climate would want to get hold of!! . . .  lol(1)

Seriously, good to know that your anemometer lasted 20 years.  My station will be 9 years old in October and all my sensors are working fine.

--- Quote from: Ryan Hothersall on July 28, 2018, 05:56:12 AM ---The Mac mini I have set up as the weather computer running WeatherCat.
--- End quote ---

That's a common setup for WeatherCat.

--- Quote from: Ryan Hothersall on July 28, 2018, 05:56:12 AM ---As others have said in these forums, getting your historical data into WeatherCat is quite hard, so any help with that would be greatly appreciated.

--- End quote ---

Can you tell us what Windows weather software you would be trying to import your data from?

Once more welcome!  :)

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]

Ryan Hothersall:
Sorry about the typo. Should be 2008.

On Windows I was using WeatherLink 6.0.3.

Blicj11:
Welcome to the forum Ryan. Glad to have you aboard.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version