Author Topic: Problems with historic data upload at startup with WLIP logger  (Read 3495 times)

West Seattle Wx Guy

• Calm
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro 2, Weatherlink IP, Mac OS 10.13.2 (High Sierra)
Re: Problems with historic data upload at startup with WLIP logger
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2018, 09:00:52 PM »
I wonder if a work-around might be that if I know I've incurred a data gap due to this issue, perhaps I could shut down WC, go to the data file, delete enough data at the end so that what remains has no gaps and ends more than 32 minutes before current time, but not so far back as to extend beyond the data logger's capacity.  Then I restart WC.  Will it then go to the logger and completely fill in from the end of the WC data file up to present, and continue happily along from there? I might try this tonight when I get home from work.  -Mark

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
Re: Problems with historic data upload at startup with WLIP logger
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2018, 10:02:41 PM »
I wonder if a work-around might be that if I know I've incurred a data gap due to this issue, perhaps I could shut down WC, go to the data file, delete enough data at the end so that what remains has no gaps and ends more than 32 minutes before current time, but not so far back as to extend beyond the data logger's capacity.  Then I restart WC.  Will it then go to the logger and completely fill in from the end of the WC data file up to present, and continue happily along from there? I might try this tonight when I get home from work.  -Mark

I don't like this idea, because it involves deleting data, but it's your data. I don't know how WC is calculating the elapsed time, but I suppose it might involve looking at the last timestamp in the data file.
Blick