WeatherCat > WeatherCat Integration

Weather Underground Keeps Webcams (for now)

(1/3) > >>

jennajon:
Seems they bowed under pressure and webcams are remaining.
Received this early this morning;

To our webcam community members:

We heard from many of you about how much you like and rely on our webcam product. So we will not discontinue the product as we stated in November. We will continue to allow users to add webcams to the Weather Underground network and everyone can view images from connected webcams.

Thank you for your passionate support and apologies for any inconvenience we caused.

The WU Team

--jenna

Blicj11:
Well, I guess I will have to go turn my webcam feed to WU back on. Thanks for the update.

elagache:
Dear Jenna, Blick, and WeatherCat WU data providers,

Thanks for the update.  I also got the same email and my webcam feed is working reasonably well although I'm getting once more the FTP upload errors occasionally.

I'm hearing from the grapevine that IBM got a little too enthusiastic making acquisitions in an attempt to catch up on cloud computing.  Since their profits were already suffering from being behind the curve, all these acquisitions are now getting looked over to see where some cuts can be made.  It appears that IBM foolishly tried to get some savings from Weather Underground, forgetting that this is one of their public services.  My guess is that the public relations folks won the argument and that IBM will look for cost savings away from where the public can be effected.

Cheers, Edouard 

Randall75:
Hi Weathercatters
 I never lost my webcam feed to WU.
i check it everyday so don't know what to say
when did you lose your feed to them?

cheers

elagache:
Hi Randall and WeatherCat data submission junkies,

--- Quote from: Randall75 on December 13, 2017, 08:50:48 PM --- I never lost my webcam feed to WU.
i check it everyday so don't know what to say
when did you lose your feed to them?
--- End quote ---

The date when the service was going to be discontinued was later this month.  However, some of us just gave up immediately in disgust.  Indeed premature.

Cheers, Edouard

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version