Weather > General Weather Discussion

Moods of the sky behind our weather instruments 2017-18

(1/14) > >>

elagache:
Dear WeatherCat shutterbugs,

It is past the equinox and the conditions are starting to be good for some interesting cloud formations in the predawn skies behind my anemometer.  This morning I managed to snap this photo:

It is s promising start to the season of colorful cloud formations associated with stormy seasons in the Northern Hemisphere.

Cheers, Edouard

P.S.  ;) . . . So who is going to top this photo?  :D

elagache:

Oddly enough, the winds were blowing from a different direction early this morning so we had no smoke and decent visibilities until shortly after sunrise.  That allowed me to take this placid scene around my anemometer:

The image definitely seems rather odd considering the smoggy day we have had since!

Cheers, Edouard 

elagache:

In Northern California, it is still warm with conditions of very low humidity.  Thus, still a dangerous situation for wild-fires.  Nonetheless the overnight temperatures are such that condensation trails are visible in the predawn skies.  That made for a pretty scene this morning:

Okay, who's going to get their camera out and take a pretty picture of their instruments before "old man winter" coops you all up with a big freeze!  [freeze]

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]

bcurry:
Red sky in morning...

elagache:
Dear Bill and WeatherCat shutterbugs, . . . . .

--- Quote from: bcurry on October 18, 2017, 11:52:39 AM ---Red sky in morning...
--- End quote ---

Nifty shot!  Thanks Bill for sharing!  I like how you managed to get such a close-up of the anemometer and yet the picture does move back into the red horizon.  Very nicely done!  ThU5:-)

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version