Author Topic: Question on WeatherCat Controller  (Read 1966 times)

Hugh Whalen

• Gentle Breeze
    • INBFLOWE2
  • Station Details: Vantage Pro 2 with UV and Solar sensors. 2017 27" iMac, 3.5 GHz i5, 16GB RAM, 512 GB SSD
Question on WeatherCat Controller
« on: June 06, 2017, 12:11:25 PM »
I have a Davis VP2 weather station. I have solar, UV and a second temperature sensor which measures the lake temperature off my dock. I changed the name of the sensor to Lake Temperature and made a custom graph of the temperature. However, I would also like to display the Lake Temperature on the WeatherCat Controller.

Is this possible? If so, how.

Thanks,

Hugh

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Welcome! (Re: Question on WeatherCat Controller)
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2017, 11:13:27 PM »
Dear Hugh and WeatherCat welcome wagon, . . . .

Since these are your first 2 posts, I think I'm entitled to offer you a warm welcome to the WeatherCat forum!

I have a Davis VP2 weather station. I have solar, UV and a second temperature sensor which measures the lake temperature off my dock. I changed the name of the sensor to Lake Temperature and made a custom graph of the temperature. However, I would also like to display the Lake Temperature on the WeatherCat Controller.

Unfortunately, I don't think there is a way at this time to add external sensors to the WeatherCat controller.  You can go through the WeatherCat manual which is accessible through the help menu of WeatherCat.  It is very complete.

Once more welcome!

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]

montever

• Calm
    • DW3169
    • KCAOAKLA11
  • Station Details: VantagePro2, MacBook Air.
Re: Question on WeatherCat Controller
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2017, 07:59:12 PM »
A related question that I have centers on if there is a way to customize the WeatherCat Controller.  I'd really like seasonal and/or annual rainfall to appear there.  I also wonder if there is a way to customize the colors and fonts.

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Dear John and Macintosh weather watchers looking for a "new home,"

A related question that I have centers on if there is a way to customize the WeatherCat Controller.  I'd really like seasonal and/or annual rainfall to appear there.  I also wonder if there is a way to customize the colors and fonts.

Unfortunately these features don't exist in the present WeatherCat Controller.  You former Weather Display users could certainly try to encourage Stu to make some changes to make yourself more at home, but WeatherCat is another application with it is own history and architecture.  If you want to make the jump you'll need to change some of your habits.  Fortunately, it is usually the sort of thing that doesn't take too long.  Once you get yourself into "Zen" of WeatherCat, you'll be able to get everything you want in a timely manor. 

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]

montever

• Calm
    • DW3169
    • KCAOAKLA11
  • Station Details: VantagePro2, MacBook Air.
Re: Question on WeatherCat Controller
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2017, 05:25:43 PM »
Thanks.   My question really was asking if there was a built in way to do this and not a complaint at all, of course.