Author Topic: Saratoga AJAX not all fields update  (Read 2783 times)

mikey1299

• Calm
    • KWICOTTA5
Saratoga AJAX not all fields update
« on: April 18, 2017, 05:34:39 PM »
I am not sure where to start. I am running the latest versions of WeatherCat and the Saratoga templates. When the Summary loads, certain fields don't update like the 24-hr difference and the times of the highs and lows. Any advice on what to check would be appreciated.

The site is mrstiller.com

saratogaWX

• Strong Breeze
  • Weather website programming enthusiast
    • Saratoga-Weather.org
  • Station Details: Davis VP1 +, iMAC 21, OSX 10.6.8
Re: Saratoga AJAX not all fields update
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2017, 05:52:57 PM »
Looking at wxstatus.php on your site shows
Component    Status    Age h:m:s    Latest update time as of
Tue, Apr-18-2017 11:49am CDT
WeatherCat realtime    Current    0:00:22    Tue, Apr-18-2017 11:48am CDT
WeatherCat FTP    NOT Current    19:03:05    > 0:05:15 Mon, Apr-17-2017 4:45pm CDT
WeatherCat weather data    NOT Current    3533:43:01    > 0:05:15 Tue, Nov-22-2016 5:06am CST
So, your realtime file is current, but the main weather data file (WCTtags.php) is not updating correctly and has old data in it.  Check your WeatherCat configuration and make sure the WCTtags.php file is being processed and uploaded at 5 minute intervals to your site -- that should fix the display inconsistencies.
Ken True/Saratoga, CA, USA main site: saratoga-weather.org
Davis Vantage Pro Plus - FARS, Boltek-PCI/NexStorm, GRLevel3, WD, WL, VWS, Cumulus, Meteohub, WeatherSnoop, WeatherCat
Free weather PHP scripts/website templates - update notifications on Twitter saratogaWXPHP

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2017, 06:17:26 PM »
Welcome to the forum mikey1299.

This won't solve your issue, but your site says you are running WeatherCat (V2.40, Build 198). That may be one of the data fields that is not updating properly, but just in case, the latest release of WeatherCat is WeatherCat V2.4.2 (Build 15). See this thread: http://athena.trixology.com/index.php?topic=2458.0

Blick

mikey1299

• Calm
    • KWICOTTA5
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2017, 06:32:42 PM »
I added the WCTtags.php to the custom web additional files and now the ftp shows as current as well but still not the WeatherCat weather data. I am running version 2.4.2 so I am not sure why that isn't showing up correctly.

saratogaWX

• Strong Breeze
  • Weather website programming enthusiast
    • Saratoga-Weather.org
  • Station Details: Davis VP1 +, iMAC 21, OSX 10.6.8
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2017, 06:56:58 PM »
I'd suggest you replace the WCTtags.php template with a fresh one from the WCT-plugin.zip.

You need to have a separate directory for the template v.s. the processed webpage version.  The WCTtags.php in the template directory should have contents like
Code: [Select]
$rawdatalines = <<<END_OF_RAW_DATA_LINES
CT|CT$|// Current temperature, temperature units and hourly change in brackets.:|:
CD|CD$|// Current dew point, dew point units and hourly change in brackets.:|:
CWC|CWC$|// Current wind chill, wind chill units and hourly change in brackets.:|:
CX|CX$|// Current wind direction and units.:|:
If it looks like
Code: [Select]
$rawdatalines = <<<END_OF_RAW_DATA_LINES
CT|62.7&#176;F (0.6)|// Current temperature, temperature units and hourly change in brackets.:|:
CD|54.7&#176;F (-0.1)|// Current dew point, dew point units and hourly change in brackets.:|:
CWC|62.7&#176;F (0.6)|// Current wind chill, wind chill units and hourly change in brackets.:|:
then the WCTtags.php template has been processed already and that one set of values will show on your website.  That can happen if the template and website directories are the same (the first processing of the tags modifies the template and so the WeatherCat tags are removed and replaced with values rendering the template file useless).
Ken True/Saratoga, CA, USA main site: saratoga-weather.org
Davis Vantage Pro Plus - FARS, Boltek-PCI/NexStorm, GRLevel3, WD, WL, VWS, Cumulus, Meteohub, WeatherSnoop, WeatherCat
Free weather PHP scripts/website templates - update notifications on Twitter saratogaWXPHP

mikey1299

• Calm
    • KWICOTTA5
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2017, 07:37:18 PM »
Thanks. That was the problem.

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2017, 07:41:55 PM »
Your site is also now reporting the correct version of WC.
Blick