Author Topic: WeatherCat Admin Alert (FTP Overdrive)  (Read 1478 times)

ColdnFrosty

• Strong Breeze
    • AS918
    • KNHSTRAT15
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro 2, iMac Pro, MacOS Ventura 13.5.1, WC 3.2.0 (364)
WeatherCat Admin Alert (FTP Overdrive)
« on: April 12, 2017, 05:47:03 PM »
I have been receiving email alerts with the subject, "WeatherCat Admin Alert (FTP Overdrive)." The body of the message is,

***FTP ERROR 1000*** Files are being generated faster than they can be uploaded - this may be a temporary problem. If the problem doesn't cure itself, slow down the web page update rate.

WeatherCat TimeStamp: 05:54:39 12-Apr-17

Does anyone have any insight into what is causing this message to be generated? They started just a couple of weeks ago and I receive several each day.

Thanks.

Paul

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
Re: WeatherCat Admin Alert (FTP Overdrive)
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2017, 08:02:46 PM »
This email warning is sent because your FTP queue is filling up faster than it can empty. The problem is usually caused by the server to which you are uploading (WU or your web hosting server). You can make sure the issue is not on your end by simply shutting down the Cat and rebooting your computer.

When this error has happened to me, it has either been WU servers (you just have to wait the out) or a problem with with either my ISP or web hosting service. If you are still getting the emails after the reboot, start with your web hosting service and find out if something is wrong on the server hosting your site. If you are only uploading to WU, you can try sending their tech support and mail but their tech support is slow and iffy these days.

Check your WC log. Are you having Curl errors or other errors that might give us a clue?
Blick

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Try connecting to your FTP server (Re: FTP Overdrive)
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2017, 11:43:35 PM »
Dear Paul, Blick, and WeatherCat troubleshooters,

Blick thoughtfully covered most of the bases on this problem.  I can offer you one more troubleshooting suggestion.  When these errors are occurring try connecting to your website with your FTP client of choice.  If you cannot connect that is verification that web hosting provider is having a problem.  Usually these things go away after a short while.

Cheers, Edouard