Author Topic: Meteotemplate  (Read 137059 times)

jachym

• Strong Breeze
    • Meteotemplate
  • Station Details: WH1080
Re: Meteotemplate
« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2016, 09:00:42 PM »
Hi,
thanks, Im sorry about that. I thought he sent me a file that is BY DEFAULT created by WC, that was what I asked for and what I was told I was sent. Obviously the goal was to create a plugin particularly for WC that can be used with WC out-of-the box...

I guess I will have to re-do the whole plugin...

But before I do that, can someone post the exact format of the file that IS created by default by WC, including all the unit formats, separators, delimitors etc.

Once I have that I can change the plugin. As I said, if I knew this is dependent on some other scripts I would never use it...

Felix

• Gale
  • Station Details: Davis VP-2 Plus, FARS, WeatherLink IP. Sharx cams.
« Reply #31 on: September 23, 2016, 11:38:29 PM »
It might help if you had the WC Manual (pdf) to peruse. I think that might be available for free? ???

It's available for free and the first thing Jachym should be reading before trying to write a plug-in.

http://data.trixology.com/downloads/WeatherCatUserManual.pdf

jachym

• Strong Breeze
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #32 on: September 23, 2016, 11:41:51 PM »
Hi,
well that is what I would normally do, but in this case it was the case that I was asked specifically if I could make this compatible with WC and I said why not and Tom immediately attached the files that I used to develop it. I had no reason to assume those files did not come from WC, Ive never seen such files before so I knew they are not from any of the other programs. I am still unsure about what exactly that file was, where it comes from. I emailed Tom asking him to clarify it here because right now I really am totally confused about this...

Im sorry about this guys, Im really pissed off that I released something that is useless and also spent hours with it. I thought it was for WC and Tom said it was working so I had no reason to think otherwise. After I discuss this with Tom or he explains it here, hopefully it will make more sense to me.

Either way, the important thing is - DONT WORRY - in the worst case I will have to start from scratch, but I would do that if necessary, just that it might again take couple of days before I redo it.

xairbusdriver

• Storm
    • EW7115 (E7115)
    • KTNGERMA20
    • Mid-South Weather
  • Station Details: Davis VP2 wireless + remote Anemometer/2014 Mac min - 10.15.7/WC 3.0.5
« Reply #33 on: September 24, 2016, 01:25:05 AM »
I think the file Tom sent you was "created" by WC. But not from scratch. It simply used a file full of WC "Tags", swapped in the data specified and uploaded it. I have a similar file for a template I once used that looks very similar. I think it is used by the Leuven template. It's been a long time since I used that template, but I think the file was included in the package and the user simply loads it on their drive and tells WC where to find it. WC handles it from there until it gets uploaded.
The template can use the data and the related definitions pair for whatever purpose the template developer wants. I think the Leuven template uses it to display all the data, as needed. I don't see why another 'template' couldn't use it to populate an SQL database. WC already uploads new data on a schedule determined by the user as well as building Daily, Weekly, Monthly, and Yearly stats. Of course, a database could use the data in as many ways as the developer can imagine (and code!). ;)

Just remember, all I've written is pure supposition on my part! I simply use the data WC provides and usually manipulate the "MPH/mph/etc." myself, just because I'm different (strange?)! Same reason I don't use a template, anymore. At my age, I want things done my way! [rolleyes2] [lol] [banghead] Frankly, I'm more interested in the display than the historical values!
!!HERESY!!
THERE ARE TWO TYPES OF COUNTRIES
Those that use metric = #1 Measurement system
And the United States = The Banana system

jachym

• Strong Breeze
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #34 on: September 24, 2016, 01:40:29 AM »
Hi,
thanks a lot!
I actually asked Tom about it and it turned out he thought the file is created directly by WC. WHen I said it isnt he checked it and said he forgot that in fact it is created using a different additional script he uses, but because he set it up long time ago, he forgot.

This is in fact good news because what I will do is simply look at that other script and use it to create a one script that will do it all, just that as I said, this will require me rewriting the whole thing so please be patient, I will try during this weekend.

idunn

• Strong Breeze
  • name: idunn
    • icantono2
    • Magpie Hill
  • Station Details: WS1080, iMac 10.9.5, Canon Powershot A510 zoomed with gphoto2, located at 950m in Gross Switzerland, Webcam view SE to Alps on magpie-hill.com on WeatherCloud (MagpieHill) and Wunderground (ID icantono2)
« Reply #35 on: September 24, 2016, 03:20:21 PM »
Hi folks,
Great that young bright guys are developing things we oldies can use. I look forward to trying to use the Meteotemplate after it is in its final form and some of you have successfully installed it. Up to now I have been quite happy with the Simple Web. Especially happy I am with my webcam that Reinhard helped me set up.
Regards, Irving

jachym

• Strong Breeze
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #36 on: September 24, 2016, 03:23:15 PM »
Hi Irving,

first of all very nice picture! Amazing view!

Second, sorry about all those issues, I am really disappointed that I released this version that is useless to most, but as I explained above, all the time I was developing it I thought it is a file generated by WC.

But either way, I already know which script was generating that file so it is only a matter of time before I merge them into one and it will be working just as expected. I am at work now, I will try to look at it tonight, or tomorrow.

idunn

• Strong Breeze
    • icantono2
    • Magpie Hill
  • Station Details: WS1080, iMac 10.9.5, Canon Powershot A510 zoomed with gphoto2, located at 950m in Gross Switzerland, Webcam view SE to Alps on magpie-hill.com on WeatherCloud (MagpieHill) and Wunderground (ID icantono2)
« Reply #37 on: September 24, 2016, 04:38:07 PM »
Hi Jachym,
Are you a bit flexible with the webcam image format? As you see my image is square rather than rectangular? Certainly no hurry regarding the final version.
Regards, Irving

jachym

• Strong Breeze
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #38 on: September 24, 2016, 04:40:20 PM »
If you mean the webcam plugin and block for my template then yes, dimensions are irrelevant, it will always scale it so that it fits the width of the parent element (the width of the block or the width of the screen in case of the plugin) and adjusts the height accordingly.

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Would AWEKAS template help? (Re: Meteotemplate)
« Reply #39 on: September 24, 2016, 10:27:20 PM »
Dear Jachym and WeatherCat web spinners,

Sorry, I'm drowning in things to do so I haven't been reading up too carefully on your attempt to create a version of your web template that would work with WeatherCat.  I saw though that you were trying to get WeatherCat to generate a list of data using a web template running on the Mac where WeatherCat is running.  It occurred to me that we have a template that is used to upload data to AWEKAS.  It is described on the Weathercat Wiki:

http://wiki.trixology.com/index.php/Automatic_Weather_Map_System_(AWEKAS)

Would this be by chance a better point of departure for your plugin?

Cheers, Edouard

jachym

• Strong Breeze
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #40 on: September 24, 2016, 10:29:27 PM »
Hi Edouard,
thanks a lot, but I think it is not necessary, I am already working with James who knows the SW very well and uses it and I am sure it will not take long before the script is updated and working.

jachym

• Strong Breeze
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #41 on: September 25, 2016, 02:04:21 PM »
Hi guys,
just a quick update, I am working with James and hopefully the updated functional version will be available soon.

Just one quick question, maybe it is somewhere in the manual and I missed it, but for the rain rate (current) i am using:

STAT$RAIN:CURRENT$

My question is, what exactly does that number show. I am asking because various SW report various things. Weather Display for example shows this as mm/min. Cumulus as mm/h etc. In Meteotemplate, I use the value per hour, so I need to know whether some multiplication will be necessary.

idunn

• Strong Breeze
    • icantono2
    • Magpie Hill
« Reply #42 on: September 25, 2016, 02:59:53 PM »
Greetings Jachym,

It seems to me that in WC rain rate is always mm or inches per hour. Daily rain or accum rain is in mm or inches over 24h.

Regards, Irving

jachym

• Strong Breeze
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #43 on: September 25, 2016, 03:09:37 PM »
Thanks, thats what I needed to know, so it is "per hour". In WD for example it is "per minute".

One last thing, if I select "daily rain" - am I correct in thinking that this is the cumulative rain since midnight? Just making sure this is not cumulative rain over the last 24 hours.

Felix

• Gale
  • Station Details: Davis VP-2 Plus, FARS, WeatherLink IP. Sharx cams.
« Reply #44 on: September 25, 2016, 03:14:39 PM »
Since Live Data viewer shows the raw data converted to selected units (set in the Units/Misc1 tab), I wouldn't think any correction would be needed.