Author Topic: Meteotemplate  (Read 137045 times)

jachym

• Strong Breeze
    • Meteotemplate
  • Station Details: WH1080
Meteotemplate
« on: September 22, 2016, 05:28:57 PM »
METEOTEMPLATE

Meteotemplate is my free website template for displaying data from your weather station and much more.

Main features

- detailed statistics - data from your weather station, including interactive graphs, sortable tables and interesting visualizations
- highly customizable - choose from over 15 design themes, many fonts and overall look setting, choose your preferred units
- modular structure - build your own homepage from almost hundred different block elements, new ones being added regularly
- additional features - add one of the almost hundred currently available plugins, new ones being added regularly. This includes forecasts, radar images, extended graphs, climate analyses, calculators, convertors, educational section, regional pages, station diary, CO2 levels, earthquakes, snow statistics, degree days, maps, astronomy pages, marine and air traffic and much more.
- extensive compatibility - compatible with many different software and weather stations, including Weather Display, Meteobridge, Cumulus, WView, Weather Underground, NetAtmo, WeatherCat
- international - currently available in over 15 languages
- extensive support
- FREE (donationware) - absolutely no hidden costs. This includes all the widgets (blocks), add-ons (plugins) and support.

Everything is explained at

www.meteotemplate.com

where you will find also a link to the daily updated Blog to which you can subscribe, a wiki that explains how to install and use it, the download files etc.

If you need help, have a suggestion, question, problem, you can either email me (I will reply within 24h and if necessary we can arrange a Skype call etc.), use the blog to send me a comment, ask here, or ask at the wxforum.net, I am very active there. I will try to watch this forum as well, but unfortunately I really dont have so much time to post everything on several forums. You can of course ask here, but I will probably post updates only at the wxforum.net forum, but you can always also check the Blog, where is everything.

Enjoy

iccb

• Gentle Breeze
    • S??tilanne Eurassa
  • Station Details: Mac Mini (late 2018), Davis Vantage Pro2
Re: Meteotemplate
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2016, 10:48:31 AM »
Hello Jachym!

Thank you for bringing meteotemplate to weathercat!
I will start to look into this to update my website...

wurzelmac

• Storm
    • ITIROLPR2
    • Wetterstation Pr?graten am Gro?venediger
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage PRO2 Plus (24h fan aspirated, wireless) with UV/Solar | Weather Envoy Data Logger | Mac mini 2023 M2 8/256 | 1x Canon EOS 1300D | macOS Sonoma 14.2
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2016, 10:52:48 AM »
iccb,

good luck! Let us know how you are going on - I spent some hours with it but I am not really satisfied with the installation procedure.

Cheers,
Reinhard

jachym

• Strong Breeze
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2016, 11:03:43 AM »
I am not really satisfied with the installation procedure

well unless you say what you dont like about it you cannot expect anything to change....

jachym

• Strong Breeze
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2016, 11:04:43 AM »
And I also replied to your emails asking you to send me some details so that I can check your settings, which you did not.

wurzelmac

• Storm
    • ITIROLPR2
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage PRO2 Plus (24h fan aspirated, wireless) with UV/Solar | Weather Envoy Data Logger | Mac mini 2023 M2 8/256 | 1x Canon EOS 1300D | macOS Sonoma 14.2
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2016, 11:32:03 AM »
Found your eMail in the Spam-Folder, sorry.  :-[
Reinhard

TechnoMonkey

• Strong Breeze
    • EW9323
    • KTXARANS6
    • TechnoMonkeys Weather
  • Station Details: La Crosse WS-2315 / High Sierra Server / Mac Mini 2.3 GHz Intel Core i5/ 8GB Ram / OS 120GB SSD / Home Folder 500GB FireWire / DATA 8TB RAID 5 / 1TB TIME CAPSULE
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2016, 02:27:31 PM »
I am not really satisfied with the installation procedure

well unless you say what you dont like about it you cannot expect anything to change....

It was somewhat daunting, but it is not rocket science and it only needs one successful installation.  It is not as though one needs to run the installer on a daily basis.

jachym

• Strong Breeze
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2016, 02:29:11 PM »
The problem is solved now. I think the problem is he was reading documentation for other software rather than the one for the plugin, we solved it already :)

wurzelmac

• Storm
    • ITIROLPR2
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2016, 02:54:18 PM »
It was somewhat daunting, but it is not rocket science and it only needs one successful installation.  It is not as though one needs to run the installer on a daily basis.

Looking forward to see your Weather Template, Techno.
Mine is showing up an Offline Weather Station at all but surely I have made mistakes in my setup.

Yoda would say: Too stupid you are.
My answer: Correct you are.

:D
Reinhard

jachym

• Strong Breeze
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2016, 03:02:52 PM »
Several steps:
- make sure your weatherCat plugin is in the plugins directory
- make sure you set your path to realtime.wc.txt in the weatherCat.php
- set a cron job to ..../plugins/weatherCat/weatherCat.php?password=UPDATE PASSWORD FROM MAIN SETUP

If it does not work, send me an email with your template password and I will look at it

wurzelmac

• Storm
    • ITIROLPR2
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2016, 03:11:51 PM »
- make sure you set your path to realtime.wc.txt in the weatherCat.php

Why do you call this file realtime.wc.txt?

The name WeatherCat sends it is realtimegaugesWC.txt. Or am I missing something?
Reinhard

jachym

• Strong Breeze
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2016, 03:15:10 PM »
Hi,
interesting... I have no idea :D When Tom sent it to me it was called realtime.wc.txt and I thought that is how it is generated by weatherCat. Sorry, I never saw this SW and so I probably incorrectly assumed that is what it is called... but it doesnt really matter, as long as the path is correct, it is irrelevant what that file name is. Though if that is the case I should correct it in the wiki.
Sorry about that.

wurzelmac

• Storm
    • ITIROLPR2
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2016, 03:27:43 PM »
MAYBE

it has something to do that I am a Beta tester of WeatherCat and this Beta version puts out this one:
Reinhard

jachym

• Strong Breeze
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2016, 03:30:58 PM »
OK, this shows that it cannot find the source file. Either incorrect path or permissions.

The script as such works, I have that confirmed by several people already, so lets go step by step:

1. make sure that the weatherCat.php is in plugins/weahterCat/weatherCat.php
2. make sure that the file from which you want to read the data is readable
3. post here the path you specified for the file

I will check the file to see if it looks like the one that is necessary.

jachym

• Strong Breeze
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2016, 04:09:55 PM »
IMPORTANT!!!

Hi guys,

recently I noticed that my replies to some people ended in the Spam folder of their mailbox. I dont know, it could be that it recognizes my Czech IP, but either way, if you email me, just to make sure, put my email address on your list of exceptions to make sure this does not happen. I ALWAYS reply to all emails.