Author Topic: Saratoga Template Script issues?? Try this before reporting a problem...  (Read 2005 times)

saratogaWX

• Strong Breeze
  • Weather website programming enthusiast
    • Saratoga-Weather.org
  • Station Details: Davis VP1 +, iMAC 21, OSX 10.6.8
If you're having an issue with one or more scripts in the Saratoga template set (USA, Canada, World) and something that was working is now not working, try running (on your website):

check-fetch-times.php?show=versions

It will show the version levels of core scripts v.s. what you have installed, and give you a link (if needed) to the update tool page with query info.  Using the update tool page will generate a .zip just for you that contains all the needed updates and quick instructions on how to install each script.

If running check-fetch-times.php?show=versions on your site just shows a series of fetch tests, then you have an old version of that software.

Download a fresh copy from here, upload to your site, then run check-fetch-times.php?show=versions again.

You'll be glad you did, and you can save a posting on the forum or an email to me for some other issue not fixed by the above.

Best regards,
Ken
Ken True/Saratoga, CA, USA main site: saratoga-weather.org
Davis Vantage Pro Plus - FARS, Boltek-PCI/NexStorm, GRLevel3, WD, WL, VWS, Cumulus, Meteohub, WeatherSnoop, WeatherCat
Free weather PHP scripts/website templates - update notifications on Twitter saratogaWXPHP

Alan Rowley

• Strong Breeze
  • It is far better to wear out than to rust away.
    • D3696
    • INOTTING15
    • Selston Weather
  • Station Details: Weather station: Davis Vantage Pro2. Software: WeatherCat. Computer: Mac Mini, High Sierra OS
A useful tip Ken.

I checked the updates page a couple of days ago and found that four files had been updated. If it hadn't been for the METAR page not working, I would never have checked.

Incidentally, when trying to find out why METARs weren't working, I noticed several sites using your template haven't been updated yet and have broken METARs pages. Now might be a good time to check your files.

I have bookmarked my check-fetch-times .php page and will make a mental note to check it regularly.

Thanks - ALAN