Author Topic: Introduction to contributing content to the WeatherCat wiki now available  (Read 9581 times)

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Dear WeatherCat budding documentalists,

As promised, we now have a brief introduction on how to edit and add content to the WeatherCat wiki:

http://wiki.trixology.com/index.php/Brief_introduction_to_creating_wiki_material_and_references_on_wiki_formatting

It isn't really a tutorial.  Instead, if hopefully provides enough of an overview so that the tutorials included in the reference section will make sense.  I didn't find any very well done tutorials, so I only included the Wikipedia tutorial and links to MediaWiki help documentation.  If you'all can find something better, by all means add it!

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]

P.S. If you find any typos or what-not, . . . . . well, what are you waiting for?  Go ahead and fix-em!  [biggrin]

P.P.S. I couldn't think of a reasonable place to link this page, so I tucked the link at the bottom of main page - hopefully that will due.

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
As promised, we now have a brief introduction on how to edit and add content to the WeatherCat wiki:

Edouard:

Thanks for this. You helped me with the Wiki a few months ago and I wrote an entry in the router setups section. It isn't as daunting as it appears. I have limited my participation since then to spelling corrections, but I use the Wiki when I am in new territory and appreciate fellow WeatherCattters taking the time to add to it.
Blick