Author Topic: Greetings from Catalina, AZ USA  (Read 3081 times)

jennajon

• Gentle Breeze
    • FW2882
    • KMEGLENB7
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus With FARS, Solar and UV sensors, MAC 27 in. Retina, WeatherCat vers. 3.05 build 27
Greetings from Catalina, AZ USA
« on: January 26, 2016, 12:52:51 PM »
Hello to all!

My name is Jenna Jonteaux-McClay, a long time Windows Cumulus user who finally woke up and made the transition to MAC and WeatherCat.  [woohoo]

Rig is a 27in Retina5K Mac and station is Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus....here is photo *attached*

Have already received wonderful support regarding WeatherCat and AWEKAS; my sincere thanks to all who stepped in to help! Although i am rather new to Mac/WeatherCat; i hope to be able to help others to return the favor.

Website is: www.jonteaux.com

---jenna

wurzelmac

• Storm
    • ITIROLPR2
    • Wetterstation Pr?graten am Gro?venediger
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage PRO2 Plus (24h fan aspirated, wireless) with UV/Solar | Weather Envoy Data Logger | Mac mini 2023 M2 8/256 | 1x Canon EOS 1300D | macOS Sonoma 14.2
Re: Greetings from Catalina, AZ USA
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2016, 06:14:27 PM »
Hi Jenna,

welcome aboard!
Reinhard

Bull Winkus

• Storm
    • EW0095
    • KARHORSE2
    • WU for Horseshoe Bend, Arkansas
  • Station Details: Davis Wireless Vantage Pro 2, iMac 24"
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2016, 06:27:44 PM »
Welcome, welcome!
Herb

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Welcome! (Re: Greetings from Catalina, AZ USA)
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2016, 11:26:37 PM »
My name is Jenna Jonteaux-McClay, a long time Windows Cumulus user who finally woke up and made the transition to MAC and WeatherCat.  [woohoo]

By all means welcome to the WeatherCat forum!

[wink] . . . . It seems to me though that you got yourself off on the wrong foot here.  . . . .  [biggrin]

You say you are in Catalina, AZ  Golly, if you had just moved one state over to the west you could have ended up in this Catalina!

Okay, okay, I am a scuba diver type so that would explain my biases . . . .

Rig is a 27in Retina5K Mac and station is Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus....here is photo *attached*

Definitely a nice setup!  You'll get very nice data with that combination.

Have already received wonderful support regarding WeatherCat and AWEKAS; my sincere thanks to all who stepped in to help! Although i am rather new to Mac/WeatherCat; i hope to be able to help others to return the favor.

No worries that is what this community is for.  In the end is a bit selfish in a positive way.  Every technical support problem we can answer for Stu (Stuart Ball, WeatherCat developer) frees Stu to work on WeatherCat and make it even better!  [bounce]

Website is: www.jonteaux.com

Looking good!  I guess you didn't have too much trouble getting the Leuven-Template up and running!  That's one more hurdle overcome!

Once more welcome!

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2016, 04:34:10 PM »
Jenna:

I just took a look at your weather site for Black Horse Ranch. Nice use of Wim's Leuven Template. Welcome aboard.
Blick

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Anenometer location? (Re: Greetings from Catalina, AZ USA)
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2016, 10:55:22 PM »
Dear Jenna and WeatherCat weather instrument placement consultants,

Station is Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus....here is photo *attached*

Sorry, I'm doing a lot of parallel processing these day so I miss things on the previous visit to the forum.  I was thinking about how you set up your weather instruments.  Why did you put the anemometer (wind speed and direction) on the same pole as the rain gauge and other instruments?  Is you terrain flat enough that you are getting a decent wind speed that close to the ground?

Just curious,

Once more welcome!

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]

xairbusdriver

• Storm
    • EW7115 (E7115)
    • KTNGERMA20
    • Mid-South Weather
  • Station Details: Davis VP2 wireless + remote Anemometer/2014 Mac min - 10.15.7/WC 3.0.5
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2016, 04:59:17 PM »
Day (or three!) late, dollar (or three?) short! Welcome AboaRd, Jenna!
THERE ARE TWO TYPES OF COUNTRIES
Those that use metric = #1 Measurement system
And the United States = The Banana system