Author Topic: Hello from the Scottish Highlands!  (Read 2572 times)

johnpolak

• Gentle Breeze
    • ITOMINTO2
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro 2 on iMac running OSX 10.10.5
Hello from the Scottish Highlands!
« on: December 28, 2015, 10:13:10 AM »
Hi

I'm John. I have recently moved to a village called Tomintoul in the Cairngorm Mountains of Scotland. At just over 345 meters, Tomintoul is the highest village in the Highlands. Because of that , we can get some interesting weather here! Which is why I decided to put my Davis Vantage Pro 2 (owned since around 2006) to good use - and join this discussion group. I have always stored my data on a PC before, using WeatherLink. However, I have always felt more comfortable with Macs - and so migrated everything to my iMac running OS 10.10.5 Yosemite. WeatherCat seemed to get the best reviews for this, as even Davis admit that WeatherLink is not great on a Mac - and even go as far as to recommend WeatherCat as an alternative! I am trialing Weathercat at the moment - but subject to ironing out a couple of minor problems and general queries (which hopefully I can do on here!) - I am so far impressed with its capabilities and will probably go 'permanent' soon! Look forward to talking to you all!

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
Re: Hello from the Scottish Highlands!
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2015, 03:33:18 PM »
Welcome to WeatherCat and the forum John. You will find a very friendly group here. I am a convert to WeatherCat and am converted! I have also spent some time in Scotland, including the Highlands. I hope your wee trial with WeatherCat is satisfactory and becomes permanent.
Blick

wurzelmac

• Storm
    • ITIROLPR2
    • Wetterstation Pr?graten am Gro?venediger
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage PRO2 Plus (24h fan aspirated, wireless) with UV/Solar | Weather Envoy Data Logger | Mac mini 2023 M2 8/256 | 1x Canon EOS 1300D | macOS Sonoma 14.2
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2015, 05:37:41 PM »
Hi John,

welcome to our community!

Cheers,
Reinhard
Reinhard

xairbusdriver

• Storm
    • EW7115 (E7115)
    • KTNGERMA20
    • Mid-South Weather
  • Station Details: Davis VP2 wireless + remote Anemometer/2014 Mac min - 10.15.7/WC 3.0.5
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2015, 05:45:10 PM »
Welcome AboaRd, John!

I noticed your request for help at <load historic data and show in graphs>. Hoping the experts here will be posting there ASAP! The WC dev lives fairly close, maybe he can drive over and give you some personal help! That is assuming the roads aren't flooded! Good choice to live high in the highlands! [tup]
THERE ARE TWO TYPES OF COUNTRIES
Those that use metric = #1 Measurement system
And the United States = The Banana system

WCDev

• WeatherCat Developer
  • Administrator
  • Storm
    • CW9739
    • ISCOTLAN25
    • Trixology
  • Station Details: Main Station: Vantage Pro-2, 24hr fars, solar, soil/leaf station, extra temp stations, no U.V. WeatherLink IP.
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2015, 06:20:57 PM »
Welcome to the forum John. I'll go answer your questions now... (aha, looks like Blick got there before me...)

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Welcome! (Re: Hello from the Scottish Highlands!)
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2015, 12:58:27 AM »
Welcome John to the WeatherCat forum!!

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]

Bull Winkus

• Storm
    • EW0095
    • KARHORSE2
    • WU for Horseshoe Bend, Arkansas
  • Station Details: Davis Wireless Vantage Pro 2, iMac 24"
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2015, 04:42:26 AM »
Welcome! Welcome!

Herb

johnpolak

• Gentle Breeze
    • ITOMINTO2
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro 2 on iMac running OSX 10.10.5
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2015, 08:18:39 PM »
Thanks for all your messages of welcome folks. I look forward to talking to many of you in the future!

regards
John [bounce]

PS Happy New Year to you all when it comes!