Author Topic: 13 days of snow  (Read 2236 times)

HantaYo

• Strong Breeze
    • CW3993
    • KCOSALID1
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro Plus via Keyspan Serial/USB adapator running on 10.9.4
13 days of snow
« on: March 05, 2015, 03:30:57 AM »
13 straight days of snow in Colorado ended today  [woohoo]  Total snow amount of 32".  I have never seen such a long streak of snow or precipitation.  We could of been totally buried- I think I am glad some of the heavy snows ended up elsewhere.

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
Re: 13 days of snow
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2015, 03:59:15 AM »
We got 10 inches next door in Utah, biggest storm of the season.
Blick

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Okay, okay, . . . now it's time to share! (Re: 13 days of snow)
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2015, 10:44:52 PM »
Dear HantaYo, Blick, and WeatherCat drought watchers,

13 straight days of snow in Colorado ended today  [woohoo]  Total snow amount of 32". 

We got 10 inches next door in Utah, biggest storm of the season.

Okay, so now you guys have gotten some drought relief, could you share a bit of that moisture? - Please!!

For a while it appeared that we would get some rain here in California next week, but the models are now trending drier.

*Heavy sigh* . . . .

Edouard

HantaYo

• Strong Breeze
    • CW3993
    • KCOSALID1
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro Plus via Keyspan Serial/USB adapator running on 10.9.4
Re: 13 days of snow
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2015, 02:26:03 AM »
Edouard, I am hoping the wet period continues and extends into California.    We have to keep those redwoods well watered.  It is great seeing Utah, New Mexico, Arizona and southern Colorado in the storm track.    Seems like the SW states have been in drought since around 2009.  I just hope the climate warming models are not correct for our region but it appears  this could just be the start of a new normal for our region.  Hang in there.   On a side note, the Elk Mountains in Colorado from December to February were significantly below normal.  So the wet weather is still missing areas on a more local scale.  They finally did receive some snow this past week though I got more at my house.  Keep in mind the Elk Mountains are one of the wetter mountains ranges in the state.