Author Topic: New Saratoga AJAX/PHP template plugin for WeatherCat now available  (Read 110123 times)

saratogaWX

• Strong Breeze
  • Weather website programming enthusiast
    • Saratoga-Weather.org
  • Station Details: Davis VP1 +, iMAC 21, OSX 10.6.8
Re: New Saratoga AJAX/PHP template plugin for WeatherCat now available
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2013, 05:27:51 PM »
Try changing Settings.php from
Code: [Select]
$SITE['WDdateMDY'] = false; // for weather software date format of month/day/year.  =false for day/month/year
to
Code: [Select]
$SITE['WDdateMDY'] = true; // for weather software date format of month/day/year.  =false for day/month/year
Ken True/Saratoga, CA, USA main site: saratoga-weather.org
Davis Vantage Pro Plus - FARS, Boltek-PCI/NexStorm, GRLevel3, WD, WL, VWS, Cumulus, Meteohub, WeatherSnoop, WeatherCat
Free weather PHP scripts/website templates - update notifications on Twitter saratogaWXPHP

jf-i2r

• Strong Breeze
  • Station Details: vantage pro2 wireless with solar sensor ; weatherlink-ip ;mac mini 1,6ghz 2go ram El Capitan
« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2013, 06:04:36 PM »
hi

[tup] ok for date

last question : where i can setup the update page ? every 15s for example because if i reload with my browser the data for wind don't change so the WCT_realtime.txt is updating with wheather cat every 10S

for information i've make change in ajax-images for example the wr-fr-NW.png for wr-fr-NO .png all "W" to "O"

thanks

jean frederic

saratogaWX

• Strong Breeze
    • Saratoga-Weather.org
« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2013, 06:11:57 PM »
Hi Jean Frederic,

Your WeatherCat is reporting the wind direction using the French abbreviations (N E S O) for cardinal directions instead of the expected English direction (N E S W).  As it says in the How Multilingual works page
Multilanguage support requires weather software to run in English

Be advised that the translation provided by the template set is FROM ENGLISH ONLY. If you run your your weather software using a language other than English, it is very likely that some of the multi-language support won't work on some features as there is currently no provision to convert from <language> to English so the English to <language> translation is not possible.

So.. in order to have your site work in all languages, the language used by WeatherCat must be in English .. sorry.

Best regards,
Ken
Davis Vantage Pro Plus - FARS, Boltek-PCI/NexStorm, GRLevel3, WD, WL, VWS, Cumulus, Meteohub, WeatherSnoop, WeatherCat
Free weather PHP scripts/website templates - update notifications on Twitter saratogaWXPHP

jf-i2r

• Strong Breeze
  • Station Details: vantage pro2 wireless with solar sensor ; weatherlink-ip ;mac mini 1,6ghz 2go ram El Capitan
« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2013, 08:58:18 AM »
hi ken

sorry i've not read the How Multilingual works page   ; and my English is very low and not understand all ; so that the reason i 've so many questions !

and for update page ? every 15s for example because if i reload with my browser the data for wind don't change so the WCT_realtime.txt is updating with wheather cat every 10S

i'm sure that my saratoga web site don't use ajaxWCTwx.js
if i rename ajaxWCTwx.js  to ajaxWCTwxA.js  i see the same home web site nothing change

all datas uploaded from weathercat are in : /meteo-jf2/
all files for Saratoga Templates are on http://www.jf-i2r.com/meteo-jf2/saratoga/

http://www.jf-i2r.com/meteo-jf2/WCTtags.php?sce=view
http://www.jf-i2r.com/meteo-jf2/WCT_realtime.txt

attachment ajaxWCTwx.js

I'm progressing slowly :)
thanks for your help and your patience
cheers
jean frederic

jf-i2r

• Strong Breeze
« Reply #34 on: April 03, 2013, 09:57:33 AM »
hi Ken and Weathercat team

with a friend we have made some patches in ajaxWCTwx.js  ; now your template is ok (comma,date, update, gust etc.. ) when using weathercat fr , kts  : http://www.jf-i2r.com

we use Dreamweaver => cmd+f  BugsDenis

//   BugsDenis patches here
        var value = new String(inValue);
        if(decimalComma) value = value.replace(/(\d)\.(\d)/,"$1,$2");
              // convert input wind to knots if need be
   if(rawwind == '-') {rawwind = 0.0;}   //   Patch BugsDenis
             //   BugsDenis patches here
   if (useKnots) { return new Number((rawwind * 1.0).toFixed(dpWind)); } //force usage of knots for speed
         //   BugsDenis patches here in order to see received datas

//Wind gust
      //   BugsDenis patches here (on JF directives)
      // var gust    = convertWind(realtime[40]);
      var gust    = convertWind(realtime[6]);

//   BugsDenis patches here in order to identify errors
      console.log(e);
   console.log(rttext);

if you want you can integrate my saratoga web site on your website templates :)

cheers

jean frederic

Toremann

• Gentle Breeze
  • Station Details: at the moment at WS2080 testing out on a imac
« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2013, 09:51:14 AM »
Hello
I am brand new to this and i wander were to put the forcast icons, and is it any .php file i need to edit to get this icons operative

Best regards
Tore Olsen :D

saratogaWX

• Strong Breeze
    • Saratoga-Weather.org
« Reply #36 on: April 21, 2013, 04:19:02 PM »
Hi Tore,

There are two different sets of forecast icons for use with the template sets.  The default set (called carterlake-icons) are .jpg format and an optional set (called meteotriviglio-icons) are animated .gif images.

Either (or both) sets are installed in ./forecast/images/ directory on your site.  Using the meteotriviglio-icons does require one change to the template set  in Settings.php to specify that .gif icons are to be used. 

Both sets are downloadable from the install page

Best regards,
Ken

jf-i2r

• Strong Breeze
« Reply #37 on: April 28, 2013, 03:22:34 PM »
hi Ken

is possible to integrate in a futur release the tide times ? in the almanac in the home page panel

cheers
jean frédéric

saratogaWX

• Strong Breeze
    • Saratoga-Weather.org
« Reply #38 on: April 29, 2013, 06:13:54 PM »
Few of the weather software packages include tags that have tide information in them so the templates did not include it either, sorry.

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Try "Mr Tides?" (Re: New Saratoga AJAX/PHP template)
« Reply #39 on: April 29, 2013, 10:29:44 PM »
Hi Jean Frederic, Ken and WeatherCat fans,

is possible to integrate in a futur release the tide times ? in the almanac in the home page panel

I have no idea how you could get this data onto your website, but you might take a look at this shareware program: Mr. Tides

http://www.mrtides.com/

Perhaps it at least has the tidal information you need.  If you've got that, perhaps you can find a way to put it on your website.

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]

jf-i2r

• Strong Breeze
« Reply #40 on: April 30, 2013, 08:58:47 AM »
hi Edouard

in my old web site i use that:

http://horloge.maree.frbateaux.net

<iframe src="http://horloge.maree.frbateaux.net/ws126" width="226" height="217" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"><a href="http://maree.info/" target="_top" rel="dofollow">Calendrier des marées - horaire, hauteur, coefficient de marée</a></iframe>

but now i use Saratoga template and integrate this in the template I am not satisfied
my site is viewed mainly by sailors

may be integrating tides  into saratoga template as WU is integrated

cheers
jean frederic

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Should be a way to do this. (Re: New Saratoga AJAX/PHP template plugin)
« Reply #41 on: May 01, 2013, 12:04:01 AM »
Hi Jean Frederic

in my old web site i use that:

http://horloge.maree.frbateaux.net

I'm sure that there are ways to grab data from one website and incorporate it into another using something like PHP.  Alas, I don't know how to do that and honestly, I'm still stuck with yet another detail in restoring  . . . . . 

Maybe someone else can help you out with this one or perhaps searching the Internet will come up with others also trying to incorporate tide data into their website.

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]

jf-i2r

• Strong Breeze
« Reply #42 on: May 01, 2013, 10:53:49 AM »
Hi Edouard

it is not very important to have the tide times but I think this may be an interesting option  ;)

hope Ken should integrate this option in the futur

good luck for your restoration work  :)

cheers
jean frederic

jace

• Storm
    • DW9675
    • ISuffolk62
    • Yoxford weather site.
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2, with Mac USB Data Logger. 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo MacBook, with 8 GB 1033 MHz DDR3 Memory, running Mac OSX Version 10.10.1 (Yosimite).
« Reply #43 on: May 01, 2013, 06:03:28 PM »
Jean Fredric

You should be able to integrate the data you need from http://www.surf-forecast.com/pages/configure_feed or a similar site quite easily.

JC

jf-i2r

• Strong Breeze
« Reply #44 on: April 20, 2014, 09:36:21 AM »
HI

i've updated the  WU-forecast.php for new WU webpage design but it's not good i've a message in my home web site page : Warning: Division by zero in /home/jfi2r/www/WU-forecast.php on line 1171
did i ve to update another file ?

for 2014 my english stay bad like 2013 :)

thanks

jean frédéric