Author Topic: OS X Mountain Lion  (Read 4106 times)

Steve

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW8454
    • KOHAVON11
    • Avon Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Wireless VP2 Plus w/24 hr FARS, Leaf & Soil Station, 2023 Mac mini M2 Pro, 32GB RAM, Mac OS 14, WeatherCat 3.2
OS X Mountain Lion
« on: July 26, 2012, 12:44:19 AM »
Just a note to let y'all know that I'm up and running on OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion. WeatherCat, Boinc (quake watchers network app), EvoCam, and all of Edouard's scripts are running just fine under the new OS. You will need to expose your user Library again, but that's all I've found so far. Old Growl (the free one) still works fine under Mountain Lion, as well.

Steve
Steve - Avon, Ohio, USA

CWOP: DW8454 - WU: KOHAVON11 - AWEKAS - CoCoRaHS
PWSweather - WeatherCloud - Twitter - Facebook

HairyMcLeary

• Strong Breeze
    • DW5912
    • INORTHOT6
  • Station Details: LaCrosse WS2355, iMac 2.66 Ghz Core 2 Duo, 8 GB RAM, Mountain Lion
Re: OS X Mountain Lion
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2012, 01:15:51 AM »
Up and running here as well, very smooth upgrade.

Oddly, I didn't need to re-expose my Library.

Tony

Tornado Tim

• Strong Breeze
    • Matangi Weather
  • Station Details: Davis VP2 with Solar and WLIP Datalogger (via VVP)
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2012, 11:40:44 AM »
I did a fresh Install on my Macbook, boy what an improvement Mountain Lion is over Lion, so much quicker :)

Steve

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW8454
    • KOHAVON11
    • Avon Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Wireless VP2 Plus w/24 hr FARS, Leaf & Soil Station, 2023 Mac mini M2 Pro, 32GB RAM, Mac OS 14, WeatherCat 3.2
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2012, 01:09:21 AM »
There are two reports now that OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion breaks the graph display of LWC2. I'm sure glad Stu came back and released WeatherCat! I feel bad for the folks who are using LWC and haven't found WeatherCat yet, once they install Mountain Lion.

http://macweather.net/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=650#p3987
http://macweather.net/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=652
Steve - Avon, Ohio, USA

Steve

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW8454
    • KOHAVON11
    • Avon Weather
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2012, 09:22:41 PM »
In this week's newsletter, Don McAllister of ScreenCastsOnline likes Mountain Lion

I?ve been using Mountain Lion each and every day since it?s release and I think it?s one of the most stable releases Apple have ever put out.

It?s still early days with iCloud and ?Documents in the Cloud? but things seem stable and the ability to now share documents using the iWork apps between OSX and iOS, leads me to think Apple have some big plans for the future.
Steve - Avon, Ohio, USA

HairyMcLeary

• Strong Breeze
    • DW5912
    • INORTHOT6
  • Station Details: LaCrosse WS2355, iMac 2.66 Ghz Core 2 Duo, 8 GB RAM, Mountain Lion
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2012, 01:59:17 PM »
Just a quick update:

After upgrading from Lion Mountain Lion I experienced several crashes a day of WeatherCat, I narrowed this down to the serial > USB driver I was using (FTDI - Future Technology Devices International) I tried several re-installs without any improvements.

In the end I bit the bullet and did a clean install, manually re-installing software. This fixed the problem and WC and the FTDI driver now "play"together nicely.

Tony

jg

• Strong Breeze
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2012, 12:59:10 AM »
I just got my new MacMini and it came with Mountain Lion.  So far it is working, I'm using the latest drivers I got from Davis.

Web sharing is gone; I post my pages to an external site but I liked having them local.  Any easy way to get them back?  Saw a terminal hack on MacFixit, but I'd rather not have to do that.

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
OS X server? (Re: OS X Mountain Lion)
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2012, 10:24:49 PM »
Hi JG and WeatherCat fans,

I just got my new MacMini and it came with Mountain Lion.  So far it is working, I'm using the latest drivers I got from Davis.

Web sharing is gone;

It looks like another case of Apple "saving us from ourselves." ::)

I post my pages to an external site but I liked having them local.  Any easy way to get them back?  Saw a terminal hack on MacFixit, but I'd rather not have to do that.

I just found another set of terminal based instructions . . . . it doesn't look awful, if you really want the feature "on the cheap" that's probably your only choice.

Otherwise, you could upgrade to OS-X Server.  I don't know what Apple is charging for that right now.

Sorry, best I can offer . . .

Cheers, Edouard