Author Topic: Can data be changed?  (Read 2234 times)

Minoic

• Gentle Breeze
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage 2 Pro, Solar and UV, Davis Vantage Vue, WeatherLink IP, Mac OS X 10.8.2
Can data be changed?
« on: November 01, 2012, 03:28:32 PM »
All,
I got few records with wrong data.

First I could change some fields of those records through the Data Editor but for whatever reason some values are not recalculated right in the Statistics reports.

What I receive is two days with 0 degrees Low Temp in October 2012.

Is there a way to force a 'recalc' in the system? I guess it is around $YRMINT, $YRMINTT or $MTMINT, MTMINTT?????

thanks
George

WCDev

• WeatherCat Developer
  • Administrator
  • Storm
    • CW9739
    • ISCOTLAN25
    • Trixology
  • Station Details: Main Station: Vantage Pro-2, 24hr fars, solar, soil/leaf station, extra temp stations, no U.V. WeatherLink IP.
Re: Can data be changed?
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2012, 08:40:10 PM »
Hi George,
The stats should update as you edit the data - if they don't, quit WeatherCat then navigate (in the Finder) to your WeatherCatData folder (this is at ~/Library/WeatherCatData where ~ is your home directory - more info in the manual) - navigate to the year folder of the data you were editing and delete the monthly stats file for that month - this file ends in a '.hrs' extension (it's the hourly data). For example if you were editing data in June 2006, you would delete the 6_WeatherCatData.cat.hrs file in the 2006 folder. When you reboot WeatherCat it'll rebuild the stats from the raw data.

Cheers,
Stu.