Author Topic: macOS Catalina compatibility  (Read 4433 times)

macdengig

• Calm
    • IQCLAVAL10
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro with heated rain collector, late 2006 iMac running OS X 10.7.5 (Lion), WeatherCat 2.4.4
Re: macOS Catalina compatibility
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2019, 12:49:26 AM »
Hello...

Good  to know that WeatherCat will work with Catalina.

However, the small WeatherCat client version 1.6.1 that I use here is still in 32 bits and will not work in Catalina (which is 64 bits).

Is there an updated version of the WeatherCat client ?

Cheers

Steve

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW8454
    • KOHAVON11
    • Avon Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Wireless VP2 Plus w/24 hr FARS, Leaf & Soil Station, 2023 Mac mini M2 Pro, 32GB RAM, Mac OS 14, WeatherCat 3.2
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2019, 03:34:57 AM »
Steve, which Houdah product are you using?

I have Houdah Spot that was part of a bundle. But I haven?t really fiddled with it much. Alfred does everything I need. I don?t even use many of its features.
Steve - Avon, Ohio, USA

CWOP: DW8454 - WU: KOHAVON11 - AWEKAS - CoCoRaHS
PWSweather - WeatherCloud - Twitter - Facebook

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2019, 04:10:47 PM »
Macdengig:

A 64-bit version of WeatherCat Client (version 2.0) can be downloaded from here: https://trixology.com/weathercat/

Click on the link and scroll down to WeatherCat Miscellaneous Files, where you will find a download link that contains the latest version of the Client. I believe this Client was released with WeatherCat 3.0.
Blick

Weatheraardvark

• Gale
  • I hear tornado sirens, lets go climb on the roof
    • C0005
    • KIADESMI1
    • Des Moines Weather and Climate
  • Station Details: Davis VP2 Plus, Fars, Extra sensors
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2019, 11:58:20 PM »
My biggest angst is that my scanner program for my all in one, doesn't work and the software comapny is being a dick about it.   but I willl find a solution.

It must be Fujitsu. I have the ScanSnap S1500M, and I had to fool the printer into thinking it was a newer model last year for Mojave to work. Since it is 32 bit, and Fujitsu said they aren't updating old software, a perfectly good $400 scanner would be a door stop.

ScanSnap is my only 32 bit application, so I am testing ViewScan and ExactScan as a replacement. Expensive at around $100, but a lot cheaper than a new scanner! Good luck!

I converted my laptop to Catalina yesterday without any problems. I'll be holding off on the iMac.
   No ,  it is Brother..  Oh Brother!    I found an app PDF Scanner works with some fiddling,but it works.  The printers both work, but some developers have either let it slip by them or don't give a bunny's butt.   But the software works just fine for WC right now.
Davis VP2 Plus; 24h  FARS; Extra Temp Humid sensor (2); Extra Temp Station (2);;Weatherlink IP;USB; MAC Ventura 13.3

; https://www.weatherlink.com/embeddablePage/show/8a7585dd06404bde81d5229b09f84ebb/summary