Author Topic: Meteotemplate  (Read 137746 times)

idunn

• Strong Breeze
  • name: idunn
    • icantono2
    • Magpie Hill
  • Station Details: WS1080, iMac 10.9.5, Canon Powershot A510 zoomed with gphoto2, located at 950m in Gross Switzerland, Webcam view SE to Alps on magpie-hill.com on WeatherCloud (MagpieHill) and Wunderground (ID icantono2)
Re: Meteotemplate
« Reply #120 on: October 03, 2016, 11:51:33 AM »
Greetings all,
I am getting mentally prepared to tackle the MeteoTemplate. On my Godaddy account I have set a subdomain to read www.magpie-hill/meteotemplate. I hope to have all the MT stuff in a separate folder so that I can either look at my SimpleWeb under www.magpie-hill or MeteoTemplate under www.magpie-hill/meteotemplate.  Does that sound ok?
Thanks for all the help.
PS Nice clouds with a dusting of snow on the peaks at about 1800m
Irving

jachym

• Strong Breeze
    • Meteotemplate
  • Station Details: WH1080
« Reply #121 on: October 03, 2016, 11:53:22 AM »
yes that sounds perfectly fine, it can run from a folder, you just have to then specify that in the settings for the path

Alan Rowley

• Strong Breeze
  • It is far better to wear out than to rust away.
    • D3696
    • INOTTING15
    • Selston Weather
  • Station Details: Weather station: Davis Vantage Pro2. Software: WeatherCat. Computer: Mac Mini, High Sierra OS
« Reply #122 on: October 03, 2016, 12:22:10 PM »
Use the control panel to clear the station data cache.

That cured it. Thanks.

I hope to have all the MT stuff in a separate folder so that I can either look at my SimpleWeb under www.magpie-hill or MeteoTemplate under www.magpie-hill/meteotemplate.  Does that sound ok?

That's exactly what I have done. Main site is www.selstonweather.info, Meteotemplate site is www.selstonweather.info/meteo. Works fine.

ALAN

jhoke

• Gentle Breeze
  • this space for rent
    • EW5604
    • KPAALBRI11
    • Indian Mountain Lakes - Carbon County Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2, MacMini (i5 2.5Ghz 4GBRam 500GB HD, 4TB attached storage), other bits coming soon (UV, etc)
« Reply #123 on: October 03, 2016, 02:51:04 PM »
Firstly - I do like the ideas and functionality you have in this template... I wanted to give this a whirl on my weather site but if I am understanding the instructions, I need to download the weathercat plugin (http://meteotemplate.com/web/downloadRequest.php?file=weatherCat_2.0) when I click on this link on the plugins page, it opens a new tab that says thanks for downloading the plugin but nothing downloads.

I was able to download the core template file (http://www.meteotemplate.com/web/downloadRequest.php?file=main) without issue.

I did try to download the Weathercat Plugin file with Curl just to see what would happen:
#curl http://meteotemplate.com/web/downloadRequest.php?file=weatherCat_2.0

<b>Warning</b>:  file_get_contents(): Filename cannot be empty in <b>/data/web/virtuals/104571/virtual/www/web/downloadRequest.php</b> on line <b>1867</b><br />

I hope this helps debugging the download ... looks like something got screwed up with the downloadRequest.php script ;(

-john

jachym

• Strong Breeze
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #124 on: October 03, 2016, 02:58:58 PM »
It works perfectly fine, I just tried. Make sure you have the pop-up blocker disabled

It works for me in Chrome, opera and FF

jhoke

• Gentle Breeze
  • this space for rent
    • EW5604
    • KPAALBRI11
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2, MacMini (i5 2.5Ghz 4GBRam 500GB HD, 4TB attached storage), other bits coming soon (UV, etc)
« Reply #125 on: October 03, 2016, 03:07:13 PM »
Yep

Sorry - my fault - I thought I had whitelisted your domain for popups in my browser - which I did earlier ... then for some reason I tried to download in another browser  on another computer and /facepalm

Sorry and THANKS :)

jachym

• Strong Breeze
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #126 on: October 03, 2016, 03:08:15 PM »
np

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
« Reply #127 on: October 03, 2016, 06:50:36 PM »
That's exactly what I have done. Main site is www.selstonweather.info, Meteotemplate site is www.selstonweather.info/meteo. Works fine.

Alan:

I spent some time on both of your sites. Nice job.
Blick

Alan Rowley

• Strong Breeze
  • It is far better to wear out than to rust away.
    • D3696
    • INOTTING15
    • Selston Weather
  • Station Details: Weather station: Davis Vantage Pro2. Software: WeatherCat. Computer: Mac Mini, High Sierra OS
« Reply #128 on: October 03, 2016, 07:27:08 PM »
Thanks Blick.

When I get time, I will finish setting up the Meteotemplate and add a few pages. Very impressed with the amount of information it provides.

If anyone else is considering installing the template, please do as Jachym suggests and read the instructions carefully. There are a couple of places where you can make a mistake, but if I can do it, anyone can.

ALAN.

jachym

• Strong Breeze
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #129 on: October 03, 2016, 09:04:09 PM »
Thanks Alan.

Its not that I didnt want to help people - in fact it is the other way around, but it is better if they first try themselves, simply because I get on average about 50 emails/day and it is something I do in addition to my full-time, part-time job and a PhD degree so it then sometimes takes a while before I get to you. If someone needs help because they dont know what to do, thats not a problem or even if they need help with installing the whole thing, but I first ask them to read the wiki, if they are lost, no problem, but sometimes people just do what they "assume" or "think they should do" and ask questions which are emphasized or directly answered in the wiki, in which case I just save myself work by giving them a link rather then retyping what I already answered :-)

So feel absolutely free to contact me, but see if you can find an answer in the wiki or FAQ first ;)

xairbusdriver

• Storm
    • EW7115 (E7115)
    • KTNGERMA20
    • Mid-South Weather
  • Station Details: Davis VP2 wireless + remote Anemometer/2014 Mac min - 10.15.7/WC 3.0.5
« Reply #130 on: October 04, 2016, 12:03:18 AM »
in addition to my full-time, part-time job and a PhD degree
Jachym, my friend,
You simply need to find something to do with all your free time. Perhaps a second PhD? Astronaut training? I know you would make an excellent English writing teacher and/or translator! [rockon] Here are a couple of less challenging suggestions:
<"The Final Countdown" by computer hardware orchestra.>
<The Art of Making a Nixie Tube> (This vid alone will kill over 30 minutes!)
THERE ARE TWO TYPES OF COUNTRIES
Those that use metric = #1 Measurement system
And the United States = The Banana system

jachym

• Strong Breeze
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #131 on: October 04, 2016, 12:28:10 AM »
I do translations occasionally :D

I will look at the videos tomorrow though, my laptop isnt able to handle Chrome + YT :D

jachym

• Strong Breeze
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #132 on: October 04, 2016, 12:29:23 AM »
And one more thing...
I sometimes kill two birds with one stone... eg. in June I was studying for my climatology exam. Some parts I just couldnt remember, so I created a plugin for it.. and by typing it and working with the data... guess what I got an A :D So MT is great in many way for me, not just a way to spend my free time :D

jhoke

• Gentle Breeze
  • this space for rent
    • EW5604
    • KPAALBRI11
« Reply #133 on: October 04, 2016, 01:57:46 AM »
Jachym

I have to say I am VERY impressed with the templates... spent a bit of time between conference calls tonight with folks in Australia/New Zealand putting this together... its still VERY rough ... just throwing blocks up with no real organization or layout in mind... just to see what a bunch look like...

http://weather.hoke.org/meteo/

*REALLY* dig this ... thanks a whole hell of a lot for making this available :)

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
« Reply #134 on: October 04, 2016, 04:24:06 AM »
jhoke:

I checked out your meteo template. Great layout; I like what you did even though you did it quickly. Looks pretty cool in my opinion.
Blick