Author Topic: Problem with custom graph  (Read 1724 times)

Mtn.Marty

• Gentle Breeze
    • EW4707
    • KNCASHEV25
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Vue
Problem with custom graph
« on: April 15, 2013, 03:31:59 PM »
I have noted a weird thing when doing certain kinds of custom graphs. I've attached a pdf of my cumulative annual rainfall and please notice the blip between March and April when the rainfall dips down to zero. Why does this happen? I've notice this before, by the way.

WCDev

• WeatherCat Developer
  • Administrator
  • Storm
    • CW9739
    • ISCOTLAN25
    • Trixology
  • Station Details: Main Station: Vantage Pro-2, 24hr fars, solar, soil/leaf station, extra temp stations, no U.V. WeatherLink IP.
Re: Problem with custom graph
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2013, 04:42:13 PM »
Looks like the data has dropped down to zero over that period so first check with the data editor/viewer around those dates to see if the annual rain has dropped to 0.

Cheers,
Stu.

Mtn.Marty

• Gentle Breeze
    • EW4707
    • KNCASHEV25
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Vue
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2013, 12:34:45 PM »
How can annual rain drop down to zero? It's cumulative and the graph should continue to go up, no?

WCDev

• WeatherCat Developer
  • Administrator
  • Storm
    • CW9739
    • ISCOTLAN25
    • Trixology
  • Station Details: Main Station: Vantage Pro-2, 24hr fars, solar, soil/leaf station, extra temp stations, no U.V. WeatherLink IP.
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2013, 04:40:07 PM »
The annual rain (and monthly) comes from your console, WeatherCat records it and allows you to plot it but it doesn't calculate it - so if it's 0 in the data editor, that'd explain the drop you see on the graph.

[Edit: If it has dropped to 0, you can edit it back up to where it should be with a text editor - see the manual for details with regard to editing the data - basically quit WeatherCat, open the relevant data file in a decent text editor and edit the annual rain entries that are 0 back to where they should be].

Cheers,
Stu.