Author Topic: Problems with Station Transition  (Read 2789 times)

jg

• Strong Breeze
Problems with Station Transition
« on: September 25, 2012, 11:41:22 PM »
Today I installed my Vantage Pro 2 with UV/Solar, etc. to replace a Vantage Vue.  Somehow I have a weird minimum reading in my web pages of 32 F, even though the data editor doesn't show that reading anywhere.  It also shows a min Wind Chill of 50, even though that never happened today.

How can I fix this?

http://www.jgweather.info/RoslynWeather/index.html

WCDev

• WeatherCat Developer
  • Administrator
  • Storm
    • CW9739
    • ISCOTLAN25
    • Trixology
  • Station Details: Main Station: Vantage Pro-2, 24hr fars, solar, soil/leaf station, extra temp stations, no U.V. WeatherLink IP.
Re: Problems with Station Transition
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2012, 05:21:56 PM »
Hi jg,
I'm guessing the issue is one of two things - either it picked up some rubbish data during the transition and the stats has used default values OR there was a gap in the data too big for WeatherCat to deal with.

Either way, quit WeatherCat and open the data file for this month in a text editor (TextWrangler works well).

Open the data file for September (found at ~/Library/WeatherCatData/Location1/2012/9_WeatherCatData.cat where ~ is your home directory), scroll down to the time of the transition between stations (each line in the file has the time and date at the start of the line - looks like 37035 t:261715 T:12.89 Ti:20.72... the 't:' field is ddhhmm - in this example 17:15 on the 26th) and check either for a line with the bad data in it (and delete it or edit the values) or look for a gap bigger than half an hour. If it's a gap, copy the preceding line and paste it in updating the time field so there's data there.

Finally, delete the stats file for september (9_WeatherCatData.cat.hrs) then run WeatherCat - should clear it up.

jg

• Strong Breeze
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2012, 02:50:17 AM »
I must be incompetent, I can't find it.  Attached is the data file, the switch was made yesterday somewhere between 4 and 6PM (9/25/12).

WCDev

• WeatherCat Developer
  • Administrator
  • Storm
    • CW9739
    • ISCOTLAN25
    • Trixology
  • Station Details: Main Station: Vantage Pro-2, 24hr fars, solar, soil/leaf station, extra temp stations, no U.V. WeatherLink IP.
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2012, 04:57:36 PM »
Got it thanks.

At line 35620 of the data file (17:40) the temperature drops to 0 (other data is similarly affected) - deleting this line in a text editor (quit WeatherCat first) should cure the problem (delete the .hrs file as well as described previously).

jg

• Strong Breeze
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2012, 05:07:24 PM »
Got it thanks.

At line 35620 of the data file (17:40) the temperature drops to 0 (other data is similarly affected) - deleting this line in a text editor (quit WeatherCat first) should cure the problem (delete the .hrs file as well as described previously).

Will do that tonight, thank you.

jg

• Strong Breeze
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2012, 10:01:56 PM »
That worked, thanks.