Author Topic: Quickstart guide for WeatherCat iPad now on the WeatherCat Wiki.  (Read 5598 times)

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Dear WeatherCat iPad fans,

As mentioned earlier, I splurged and bought copies of WeatherCat iPad for everyone in the house.  This included my sister and (as any fellow who has a sister knows), it can be a little hard to lurn' d'em' sisters!!  [biggrin]

Rather than go through the exercise for one person, I decided to turn the task into something that would benefit the whole WeatherCat community.  So I grabbed some snapshots on my iPad, uploaded them into Voila so that I could easily annotate them, then I wrote up a Quickstart on the WeatherCat Wiki:

http://wiki.trixology.com/index.php/WeatherCat_iPad_Quickstart_guide

So if you want some more information on this iPad application, you'll find an overview of what it can do there.  This could also be handy if you are pondering if the app is worth da' . . . . . .  [biggrin]

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]

P.S. Anyone who is trying to use the free WeatherCat iPhone (etc.) app might want to take a quick look at the instructions as well.  The 2 applications share some features - mainly the configuration options to access WeatherCat on your Mac.

WCDev

• WeatherCat Developer
  • Administrator
  • Storm
    • CW9739
    • ISCOTLAN25
    • Trixology
  • Station Details: Main Station: Vantage Pro-2, 24hr fars, solar, soil/leaf station, extra temp stations, no U.V. WeatherLink IP.
Re: Quickstart guide for WeatherCat iPad now on the WeatherCat Wiki.
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2014, 09:18:36 AM »
Very nice work Edouard  [tup]

The Grand Poohbah

• Gale
  • Developer of WeatherCat for iOS, tvOS, and watchOS
    • EW6355 KCANEVAD43
    • Hopeful Hill Ranch
  • Station Details: Vantage Pro 2, aspirated, solar radiation, uv, soil temp and moisture
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2014, 07:47:49 PM »
"It is noble to teach oneself, but still nobler to teach others -- and less trouble." Mark Twain [rolleyes2]

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Oh yeah! (Was: Quickstart guide for WeatherCat iPad)
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2014, 09:48:59 PM »
Howdy Stu, Grand, and WeatherCat fans,

"It is noble to teach oneself, but still nobler to teach others -- and less trouble." Mark Twain [rolleyes2]

;) . . . .  Obviously, Mark Twain never taught a course in his life!! . . . .  [biggrin]

In the few college courses I taught I gave a few students grades of "C" that I really felt should have been "F"!!!

Since then I've struck mostly to the task of trying to teaching myself - usually I'm a more diligent pupil!!   ;D

cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2014, 04:38:14 PM »
Very thorough Edouard. I am using the WeatherCatPad app and I like it a lot more than I liked using the iPhone app on my iPad.
Blick

Bull Winkus

• Storm
    • EW0095
    • KARHORSE2
    • WU for Horseshoe Bend, Arkansas
  • Station Details: Davis Wireless Vantage Pro 2, iMac 24"
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2014, 12:52:19 AM »
Me too, Blick! Downloaded it after I read the 1st post in this thread. Had a few issues at first, but resolved them easily. Now I'm enjoying the app immensely!

Edouard, if Mark Twain was around today, he'd probably agree with you, so I'm going to modify his quote to bring it up to date.

"It is noble to teach oneself, but still nobler to teach others ? because most of the time, they are just not interested." Mark Twain of the 21st Century

Present company excepted, of course!
Herb

N8NOE

• Strong Breeze
    • N8NOE-WX
    • KMIWATER7
    • N8NOE's Home Page (WX Link of Front )
  • Station Details: OSX Mountain Lion Server, WMR968
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2014, 10:32:44 AM »
Looking Good..
NOW Need to find a background Shot..
Be nice to have the same on the iPhone, that I carry more..
LOKIN' GOOD!.....