Author Topic: Weather Underground and WebCams  (Read 2536 times)

N4KHQ

• Gentle Breeze
    • KGADAHLO8
  • Station Details: iMac, Davis Vonage Pro
Weather Underground and WebCams
« on: January 12, 2018, 11:32:31 PM »
I am now getting 98% response according to WC preferences/online/weather underground from WU. The weather station has been up a full day for the first time in a couple of weeks. Anyone have any insight on Webcams. My webcam has been dropping of for a couple of weeks and I don't think I have seen it up once in the last week. If you go the WU webcam map weather page. I could not find a single picture that wasn't 12 hours old.

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
Re: Weather Underground and WebCams
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2018, 02:25:37 AM »
Hope you don't mind a suggestion. No need to start a new thread every time you have an issue with WU. Trust me, you will have plenty. It's them, not you. Just keep it in the one already going. It's all part of the same thing and even though they say they have fixed everything, they have not. They have been rejecting some of my webcam uploads all day today. Same advice as before: be patient. They might get around to fixing it and they might not. If you want to bring your pacify issue to their attention, post on their API thread.

https://apicommunity.wunderground.com/weatherapi/topics/api-not-working-8jsfugpjga7xv?topic-reply-list[settings][page]=1#topic-reply-list
Blick

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Still getting FTP errors but images getting there. (Re: WU and WebCams)
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2018, 10:32:48 PM »
Dear N4KHQ, Blick, and WeatherCat troubleshooters,

I am now getting 98% response according to WC preferences/online/weather underground from WU. The weather station has been up a full day for the first time in a couple of weeks. Anyone have any insight on Webcams.

My WC Status Growler Applescript is still reporting FTP errors associated with the Weather Underground webcam image download.  They aren't very frequent, but there is still some bugs that the WU crew needs to work out.  My last webcam image on WU is 3 hours old but it is from today.  I suggest that you leave your setting where they are and sit tight.  I think the Wunderground folks are working this one out on their own.

Cheers, Edouard