Author Topic: Hello from Hampshire, UK  (Read 3124 times)

SJP999

• Calm
  • Station Details: Fine Offset WH-1081PC, iMac, WeatherCat
Hello from Hampshire, UK
« on: June 24, 2014, 10:19:37 AM »
Hi! I have been evaluating WC for the last 10 days and have just purchased the licence. I have been running a PWS for about 5 years - its a Fine Offset WH-1081 and was previously running using Cumulus on a WinXP VM on my iMac. I wanted to ditch the VM as XP is now legacy, and the VM was consuming too many resources. I have enjoyedconfiguring WC and will be setting up some custom web pages soon.

The issue of how I am going to import 5 years worth of data from Cumulus is a problem, so if anyone reading this has a script or method that will do the job then that would be much appreciated. I have not seen any specific mention of  Cumulus data iin the forums.

As far as wish-lists are concerned, I would really appreciate a tool that will permit "catch-up" data to be sent to WOW. Previously, I had my machine powered down at night to save energy, and Cumulus would perform a catch-up to WOW when restarted next morning. I note that the WeatherUnderground plugin already does this in WC, so could the developers consider doing the same for WOW? In the meantime I could run my Cumulus VM once every few days and let it update WOW, but this is far from ideal.

Stuart

nr Winchester, Hampshire, UK

Randall75

• Storm
  • CWOP-CW6734 WeatherUnderground-KOHNEWAR6
    • CW6734
    • KOHNEWAR6
    • Randy's Weather On The Hill
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro 2 Plus.iMac i5 OS High Sierra 10.13.6 8GB Ram, WeatherCat 3,Logitech 9000 Pro Web Cam
Re: Hello from Hampshire, UK
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2014, 11:39:41 AM »
Hi Stewart
 Welcome to WeatherCat glad you are enjoying it so far It has a lot of things to offer and Stu the master mind of it is the best so welcome to our forum

cheers

[cheers1]

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2014, 01:25:46 PM »
Stuart:

Welcome to WeatherCat and the users' forum. I am one who was happy to ditch running XP on my iMac for the very same reasons you state. Good move.
Blick

WCDev

• WeatherCat Developer
  • Administrator
  • Storm
    • CW9739
    • ISCOTLAN25
    • Trixology
  • Station Details: Main Station: Vantage Pro-2, 24hr fars, solar, soil/leaf station, extra temp stations, no U.V. WeatherLink IP.
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2014, 04:56:46 PM »
Welcome to the forum.

I've added historical upload to WOW to the feature request list - thanks for the suggestion  [tup]

SJP999

• Calm
  • Station Details: Fine Offset WH-1081PC, iMac, WeatherCat
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2014, 05:11:52 PM »
Thanks for the greetings, and thank-you WCDev for adding my suggestion to the Feature Request. Much appreciated  :)

Stuart

nr Winchester, Hampshire, UK

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Welcome! (Re: Hello from Hampshire, UK)
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2014, 09:44:07 PM »
Welcome to the WeatherCat forum Stuart!

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]

Bull Winkus

• Storm
    • EW0095
    • KARHORSE2
    • WU for Horseshoe Bend, Arkansas
  • Station Details: Davis Wireless Vantage Pro 2, iMac 24"
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2014, 07:01:05 PM »
A laurel and hearty welcome to the new WeatherCat user!

Welcome Stuart!

Herb

Herb