Author Topic: Davis RJ-15 wire insulated?  (Read 10880 times)

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
Re: Davis RJ-15 wire insulated?
« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2015, 05:20:18 AM »
On my first go, I did not seal my pipe with silicone. Water drizzled into the pipe over several winters, eventually accumulated enough to freeze and break the wire. So don't do what I did. Be smarter than that.
Blick

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Okay I have up - what "good stuff" ?!?!?? (Was: Davis RJ-15 wire)
« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2015, 10:09:07 PM »
Dear X-Air, Jeff, and WeatherCat tinkers,

I think "Good Stuff" would probably be better, I just wish they made it in much smaller cans. I usually need a table spoon of it somewhere every two years, but once it starts coming out, anything still in that long tube  dries out and you're stuck (no pun intended, of course) with 90% of the contents forever unavailable! [banghead]

Okay, I give up . . . what is this stuff?

Do you mean Great stuff sealant?

http://greatstuff.dow.com/products/

Curious minds want to know!

Cheers, Edouard

xairbusdriver

• Storm
    • EW7115 (E7115)
    • KTNGERMA20
    • Mid-South Weather
  • Station Details: Davis VP2 wireless + remote Anemometer/2014 Mac min - 10.15.7/WC 3.0.5
« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2015, 10:53:32 PM »
"Good Stuff" is the cheaper brand of "Great Stuff"; it's just not as... uhmn... good. [banghead] Similar to Windows and Mac...  [lol]
THERE ARE TWO TYPES OF COUNTRIES
Those that use metric = #1 Measurement system
And the United States = The Banana system

HantaYo

• Strong Breeze
    • CW3993
    • KCOSALID1
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro Plus via Keyspan Serial/USB adapator running on 10.9.4
« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2015, 03:03:08 AM »
"Good Stuff" is the cheaper brand of "Great Stuff"; it's just not as... uhmn... good. [banghead] Similar to Windows and Mac...  [lol]

[tup]

On my first go, I did not seal my pipe with silicone. Water drizzled into the pipe over several winters, eventually accumulated enough to freeze and break the wire. So don't do what I did. Be smarter than that.

My pipe is facing West, where resides the very Wicked Winds of the West.  I am sure the pipe could be blown shut by snow in one or two snow storms.  Well the high Saturday will be 49F so maybe that will be a Good, err Great, Stuff kind of day.