Author Topic: PurpleAir  (Read 2024 times)

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
PurpleAir
« on: August 14, 2017, 04:49:33 PM »
WeatherUnderground is encouraging folks to purchase and install air quality monitors from PurpleAir.

https://www.wunderground.com/sensors/purpleair

Just wondering if any WeatherCatters are doing this?
Blick

xairbusdriver

• Storm
    • EW7115 (E7115)
    • KTNGERMA20
    • Mid-South Weather
  • Station Details: Davis VP2 wireless + remote Anemometer/2014 Mac min - 10.15.7/WC 3.0.5
Re: PurpleAir
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2017, 05:11:18 PM »
Unlike many places, we don't even have screens on our windows, so the air gets filtered many times by the HVAC units before some of it changes when we come and go. Of course, the house is not actually air-tight. [rolleyes2]

In our area, most of that kind of 'pollution' is from pollen. We do get 'health advisories' often issued in the extreme heat days during the Summer. In that case, the 'pollution' comes as reely, reeeely tiny infrared particles from the Sun!

BTW, is 'pollen' the root word/cause for creating the word 'pollution' or is that a mere coincidence (or main irritation!)? [lol]
THERE ARE TWO TYPES OF COUNTRIES
Those that use metric = #1 Measurement system
And the United States = The Banana system

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
I'll let someone else be the early adopter. (Re: PurpleAir)
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2017, 10:59:55 PM »
Dear Blick, X-Air, and WeatherCat data submission junkies,

WeatherUnderground is encouraging folks to purchase and install air quality monitors from PurpleAir.

https://www.wunderground.com/sensors/purpleair

Just wondering if any WeatherCatters are doing this?

I suppose it is worthwhile effort, but I would much prefer a device that works with WeatherCat instead of a stand-alone device that uploads data directly to an Internet site.  Perhaps Stu will someday add support for this sort of thing to WeatherCat, but for now, I'll let someone else be the early adopter!

Cheers, Edouard