Author Topic: WeatherCat and WeatherFlow  (Read 2029 times)

SRS

• Gentle Breeze
    • EW0056
    • KWASPOKA56
  • Station Details: OS WMR968 / WeatherCat
WeatherCat and WeatherFlow
« on: January 11, 2017, 09:29:34 PM »
I found a weather system that I am interested in and would like to know if it will ever be compatible with weatherCat or any other insight or feed back.  Looks like its made by weatherFlow(?) Sky, Air, and Breath system.  Thanks

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Can't buy one yet! (Re: WeatherCat and WeatherFlow)
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2017, 11:51:45 PM »
Dear SRS and WeatherCat extreme early adopters,

I found a weather system that I am interested in and would like to know if it will ever be compatible with weatherCat or any other insight or feed back.  Looks like its made by weatherFlow(?) Sky, Air, and Breath system.  Thanks

Are you referring to these stations?

http://weatherflow.com/preview/

If so, WeatherCat definitely cannot support them yet - you can't buy one!  Stu never provides support for a station unless he can actually get his hands on a unit and test it with WeatherCat.

The stations that WeatherCat supports are listed on this page:

http://trixology.com/weathercat/

If you want to use WeatherCat you would make your life easier if you just pick one of those stations and get going!  ;)

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]

WCDev

• WeatherCat Developer
  • Administrator
  • Storm
    • CW9739
    • ISCOTLAN25
    • Trixology
  • Station Details: Main Station: Vantage Pro-2, 24hr fars, solar, soil/leaf station, extra temp stations, no U.V. WeatherLink IP.
Re: WeatherCat and WeatherFlow
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2017, 05:41:11 PM »
Generally it all depends on whether the protocol is available or not and whether it becomes popular enough that it would be worthwhile supporting it (i.e. I can see a return on the development investment).