Author Topic: Hello from Timber Lakes Utah  (Read 3649 times)

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
Hello from Timber Lakes Utah
« on: August 14, 2013, 06:27:34 PM »
Hello everyone:

I have finally graduated from my Oregon Scientific weather projection clock that gives me inside and outside temperature projected on the ceiling above the bed.

I'm still on Day 1 of my 14-day trial but I can already tell that I'm a believer. I have had Davis Vantage Pro2 for six years and have followed lots of weather forums for years trying to figure out what to do about getting the data on my computer. I started out following WeatherTracker and when that went bust I found LWC, which eventually got me to WeatherCat. I finally broke down and bought a data logger (WeatherLlink IP). I've had free trial with other weather software but my first impression of WeatherCat is WOW!

The only serious drawback I have encountered so far is trying to figure out how to tell my wife I need another Mac just to run my weather software.

Thanks to Stu and everyone on the forum for helping me figure out how the Cat works.
Blick

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Welcome! (Re: Hello from Timber Lakes Utah)
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2013, 08:17:30 PM »
Welcome Blick! 

The only serious drawback I have encountered so far is trying to figure out how to tell my wife I need another Mac just to run my weather software.

I'm afraid this problem you'll have to solve for yourself!!  [lol2]

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]

wurzelmac

• Storm
    • ITIROLPR2
    • Wetterstation Pr?graten am Gro?venediger
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage PRO2 Plus (24h fan aspirated, wireless) with UV/Solar | Weather Envoy Data Logger | Mac mini 2023 M2 8/256 | 1x Canon EOS 1300D | macOS Sonoma 14.2
Re: Hello from Timber Lakes Utah
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2013, 06:17:05 AM »
Welcome aboard!  :)

Cheers,
Reinhard
Reinhard

Randall75

• Storm
  • CWOP-CW6734 WeatherUnderground-KOHNEWAR6
    • CW6734
    • KOHNEWAR6
    • Randy's Weather On The Hill
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro 2 Plus.iMac i5 OS High Sierra 10.13.6 8GB Ram, WeatherCat 3,Logitech 9000 Pro Web Cam
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2013, 08:13:42 PM »
Hi Blicj11
 Welcome to WeatherCat Forum
Tell your wife the one you have is acting up buy a new then tell her you figured out how to fix it  [biggrin] [lol2]

or maybe it's old and need a new one  [goofy]

cheers
 [cheers1]

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2013, 08:46:42 PM »
Just made the jump from free trial to bonafide purchaser of WeatherCat. I've been pounding through the forum and learning lots. Thanks to everyone for helping.
Blick

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2013, 09:31:32 PM »
Dear Blick and WeatherCat fans,

Just made the jump from free trial to bonafide purchaser of WeatherCat.

By all means let me welcome you to the WeatherCat community!  [tup]

I've been pounding through the forum and learning lots. Thanks to everyone for helping.

You are most welcome!  Most of us active forum members are happy to share what we know and pleased that Stu has such a loyal WeatherCat following.

Enjoy WeatherCat and exploring the weather around you!  [sun2]

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]