Author Topic: Odd problem how to troubleshoot?  (Read 1975 times)

cabut

• Gentle Breeze
    • kaztubac1
  • Station Details: VP2 Mac Mini running 10.11.6
Odd problem how to troubleshoot?
« on: July 06, 2017, 02:04:14 AM »
Hi ,
I am running Weathercat Version 1.02 Built 4 (1.0.2) on my IBook with OSX10.5.8. It has been working just fine until I decided to move it and the weather console  of my Davis Monitor2 solar powered station.
The radio has a strong signal to the console and when I run a self test on the app for the ftp upload, it passes. Yet no joy on the Wunderground app. Not reporting it says.  Where might I look first to troubleshoot this problem.

Thanks,
Tom

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
WU Password? (Re: Odd problem how to troubleshoot?)
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2017, 11:48:03 PM »
Dear Tom and WeatherCat troubleshooters,

I am running Weathercat Version 1.02 Built 4 (1.0.2) on my IBook with OSX10.5.8. It has been working just fine until I decided to move it and the weather console  of my Davis Monitor2 solar powered station.
The radio has a strong signal to the console and when I run a self test on the app for the ftp upload, it passes. Yet no joy on the Wunderground app. Not reporting it says.  Where might I look first to troubleshoot this problem.

Golly, WeatherCat 1.x is so long ago that I don't remember how it interfaced with Weather Underground.  I thought that WeatherCat always had some sort of a display that included some information about whether or not it is succeeding.  Try looking at the preference panels for Weather Underground, the information might be there.

There is a odd possibility.  Somewhere along the line, Weather Underground changed their password requirements.  Now I believe they can only have letters and numbers.  They have been upgrading servers lately and you simply could have finally been "caught" with a non-working password.  Try logging into Weather Underground on their website.  If you can't, try resetting the password.  Once you have changed the password into something Weather Underground accepts, it probably will get WeatherCat working once more.

Cheers, Edouard

cabut

• Gentle Breeze
    • kaztubac1
Re: Odd problem how to troubleshoot?
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2017, 02:10:46 AM »
Thanks Edouard,

Close to my wits end on this problem. One day everything was working then the next day not.
My password is letters and numbers so I don't think that's it. When I do the upload ftp test, everything checks out. Although the log  lists: "no data to upload to Weather Underground for1970-01-03 with the time over and over.
Error code -700***

So do you happen to know what that error code is and how to cooect it?

Tom

WCDev

• WeatherCat Developer
  • Administrator
  • Storm
    • CW9739
    • ISCOTLAN25
    • Trixology
  • Station Details: Main Station: Vantage Pro-2, 24hr fars, solar, soil/leaf station, extra temp stations, no U.V. WeatherLink IP.
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2017, 10:05:29 PM »
Hi Tom,
It sounds like for some reason it is looking for historical data to upload to Wunderground (from 1970 onwards which suggests it has lost the time and date of the last upload).

Try going to Preferences->On-Line->Wunderground and switching off 'Enable Historical Uploads'. (I think your version has this - it's quite a while ago that one was built :) )

If that was the problem, within a few minutes it should resume real-time transmissions to Wunderground. If it does, switch historical uploads back on to cover periods in the future where it isn't running or can't send to Wunderground (because for example they are down).

cabut

• Gentle Breeze
    • kaztubac1
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2017, 11:27:27 PM »
Stu,

Hey man, thank you!
As soon as I unchecked the historical records,it started to upload current information to WU.
Man, am I releived! [bounce] [cheer] [cheers1]

Best,
Tom

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2017, 02:52:19 PM »
I love it when a problem is solved!
Blick