Author Topic: No wind direction pointer tvOS  (Read 3186 times)

crawdad62

• Gentle Breeze
    • KINGREEN96
    • Sherwood PWS
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro 2 with 24hr. FARS with Foscam camera. Mac Studio Max
No wind direction pointer tvOS
« on: September 09, 2017, 02:01:10 AM »
Have WeatherCat installed on a couple of ATV 4?s. None are showing the wind direction pointer in gauge view. Any ideas?

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
Re: No wind direction pointer tvOS
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2017, 03:49:12 AM »
Welcome to the WC Forum Crawdad62. I can't help you on this, but the Grand Poobah, who developed the app just left on a holiday to Italy. He said he would monitor the forum when he gets access to the web so be patient until he surfaces. WeatherCat apps can't compete with a trip to Florence.
Blick

crawdad62

• Gentle Breeze
    • KINGREEN96
    • Sherwood PWS
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro 2 with 24hr. FARS with Foscam camera. Mac Studio Max
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2017, 12:14:51 AM »
Thanks. Nope you?re right. Sounds like a great trip. I certainly can wait ThU32:-)

The Grand Poohbah

• Gale
  • Developer of WeatherCat for iOS, tvOS, and watchOS
    • EW6355 KCANEVAD43
    • Hopeful Hill Ranch
  • Station Details: Vantage Pro 2, aspirated, solar radiation, uv, soil temp and moisture
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2017, 07:14:49 PM »
Have WeatherCat installed on a couple of ATV 4?s. None are showing the wind direction pointer in gauge view. Any ideas?

Thanks for pointing that out (couldn't resist). I confirmed it on my WeatherCatTV 1.3 installation as well.

I suspect it was caused by a tvOS update that nullified my pointer-drawing code. I will look into it.

The Grand Poohbah

• Gale
    • EW6355 KCANEVAD43
    • Hopeful Hill Ranch
  • Station Details: Vantage Pro 2, aspirated, solar radiation, uv, soil temp and moisture
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2017, 06:35:50 PM »

Thanks for pointing that out (couldn't resist). I confirmed it on my WeatherCatTV 1.3 installation as well.

I suspect it was caused by a tvOS update that nullified my pointer-drawing code. I will look into it.

The cause of the missing pointer is not an iOS update. It is I. I am embarrassed to say that I did not include the pointer artwork in the build. I don't how many times I looked at the wind direction gauge and saw a pointer that wasn't there. It's an easy fix, but I also checked WeatherCatTV using the simulator for the new Apple TV 4K. Glad I did. The layout for the additional pixels needs fixing. I will have a new update to WeatherCatTV in the Apple Store as soon as I can get my hands on a real Apple TV 4K to test the changes. In the meantime, if you get an Apple TV 4K before I do and notice that the screen for WeatherCatTV is jumbled, don't despair. The update will fix that.

The Grand Poohbah

• Gale
    • EW6355 KCANEVAD43
    • Hopeful Hill Ranch
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2017, 07:53:13 PM »

The wind direction gauge pointer is back. The WeatherCatTV 1.4 update is available from the Apple TV App Store.

crawdad62

• Gentle Breeze
    • KINGREEN96
    • Sherwood PWS
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2017, 07:36:54 PM »
Thanks! Sorry I hadn't gotten back to you sooner. I sort of forgot about it and since WeatherCat had an update it jogged my memory about this. Wind direction indicator is on-point! cmu:-)