Author Topic: WeatherCatRCP 1.2  (Read 7002 times)

The Grand Poohbah

• Gale
  • Developer of WeatherCat for iOS, tvOS, and watchOS
    • EW6355 KCANEVAD43
    • Hopeful Hill Ranch
  • Station Details: Vantage Pro 2, aspirated, solar radiation, uv, soil temp and moisture
WeatherCatRCP 1.2
« on: June 18, 2019, 07:38:16 PM »
What's new

Display the correct station name on the WeatherCat Servers screen.

Details

There are 4 fields on the WeatherCat Servers screen (Settings --> Manage WeatherCat Servers). Each field has a radio button used for selecting that station. The first field is always "Local" and cannot be edited. ("Local" is the local network to which the local WeatherCat server is connected.) The remaining 3 fields allow the entry of URL addresses and can be edited. Entering a URL address and tapping the corresponding radio button, causes WeatherCatRCP to access that server, verify that it is a WeatherCat server, and display the station name. If you change the URL address, the station name was not updated. The displayed station name was always the name for the first WeatherCat server entered for that radio button. The new release displays the current station name.

Questions? Problems? Please post them here at the forum.

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Should show up soon. (Re: WeatherCatRCP 1.2)
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2019, 11:52:36 PM »
Dear Grand and WeatherCat iOS users,

Thanks for the update!!  [tup]  I just checked and this new version of WeatherCatRCP isn't showing up on my phone's app store.  I might be just a bit too eager though.  I'll check tomorrow.

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
Re: WeatherCatRCP 1.2
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2019, 07:15:42 PM »
Thanks Grand.

New version working fine on my iPhone Xs running iOS 12.3.1.
Blick

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Installed and working fine. (Re: WeatherCatRCP 1.2)
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2019, 10:36:25 PM »
Dear Grand, Blick, and WeatherCat iOS fans,

New version working fine on my iPhone Xs running iOS 12.3.1.

As expected, the new version was available today and it updated without incident.  Everything is working as advertised.  Thanks Grand!  [tup]

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]

wurzelmac

• Storm
    • ITIROLPR2
    • Wetterstation Pr?graten am Gro?venediger
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage PRO2 Plus (24h fan aspirated, wireless) with UV/Solar | Weather Envoy Data Logger | Mac mini 2023 M2 8/256 | 1x Canon EOS 1300D | macOS Sonoma 14.2
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2019, 01:28:53 PM »
Updated to the latest version but System Data is showing RCP Version 100 instead of (I think it should be) 120. Screenshot attached.

By the way, can anybody help me remember how to add a webcam URL? Mine isn't showing anymore and I can't recall how to tell RCP where to look for my webcam...  :-[

Cheers,
Reinhard

The Grand Poohbah

• Gale
    • EW6355 KCANEVAD43
    • Hopeful Hill Ranch
  • Station Details: Vantage Pro 2, aspirated, solar radiation, uv, soil temp and moisture
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2019, 05:51:12 PM »
Updated to the latest version but System Data is showing RCP Version 100 instead of (I think it should be) 120. Screenshot attached.
The "RCP Version 100" refers to the Rich Client Protocol used by the WeatherCat Desktop application. For example, if a new version of WeatherCat Desktop changed any RCP tags, the RCP Version would be updated. RCP clients like WeatherCatRCP could then use the RCP Version number to conform to the updated protocol.

wurzelmac

• Storm
    • ITIROLPR2
    • Wetterstation Pr?graten am Gro?venediger
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage PRO2 Plus (24h fan aspirated, wireless) with UV/Solar | Weather Envoy Data Logger | Mac mini 2023 M2 8/256 | 1x Canon EOS 1300D | macOS Sonoma 14.2
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2019, 06:55:55 PM »
The "RCP Version 100" refers to the Rich Client Protocol used by the WeatherCat Desktop application. For example, if a new version of WeatherCat Desktop changed any RCP tags, the RCP Version would be updated. RCP clients like WeatherCatRCP could then use the RCP Version number to conform to the updated protocol.

Thanks for clarification, Grand.
Reinhard

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2019, 04:49:08 PM »
RCP 1.2 was unable to identify my IP address as a WeatherCat server on a recent trip to Arizona (with apologies to our Arizonian WeatherCatters,why would anyone in their right might voluntarily go to Phoenix in late June?). When I returned home last night, it was able to correctly identify. I am not talking about using local, but the IP address I use to connect remotely. I'm driving into town today so I'll check it out again.
Blick

The Grand Poohbah

• Gale
    • EW6355 KCANEVAD43
    • Hopeful Hill Ranch
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2019, 07:21:49 PM »
RCP 1.2 was unable to identify my IP address as a WeatherCat server on a recent trip to Arizona (with apologies to our Arizonian WeatherCatters,why would anyone in their right might voluntarily go to Phoenix in late June?). When I returned home last night, it was able to correctly identify. I am not talking about using local, but the IP address I use to connect remotely. I'm driving into town today so I'll check it out again.

Blick - I just now did a quick test and was able to connect to Creekside using the IP address that ends in 154. Is that the same server?

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2019, 03:02:42 PM »
Yes, that's the IP. And it worked fine when I went to town yesterday, so I'm not sure what happened, but it's working now.
Blick