Author Topic: iPhone version 1.2 update  (Read 4665 times)

The Grand Poohbah

• Gale
  • Developer of WeatherCat for iOS, tvOS, and watchOS
    • EW6355 KCANEVAD43
    • Hopeful Hill Ranch
  • Station Details: Vantage Pro 2, aspirated, solar radiation, uv, soil temp and moisture
iPhone version 1.2 update
« on: July 05, 2014, 09:00:27 PM »
WeatherCat 1.2 for the iPhone is available in the Apple App Store.

This release updates WeatherCat for the iPhone for iOS 7 and includes many of the features that WeatherCat Forum members requested, such as:

Min/Max tick marks on more indicators
Tap trend indicator to see Min/Max actual values
Toggle between two weather stations
Heat Index
Optimization for the larger screen of the iPhone 5 series
More precision in the barometric pressure indicator.
Separate setting for barometric pressure units.

It's easier to refresh the display now - no more going to Settings and back - simply pull down on the table to refresh.

It also has localization for German (thank you wurzelmac).

Many thanks to the following WeatherCat Forum members who helped to test this release: Blicj11, Doc, elagache, and toadstone. They identified bugs and made good suggestions for improvements.

Next up is WeatherCat for the iPad. This app lets you create your personal weather station display on an iPad. I will announce it on the WeatherCat Forum as soon as Apple approves it for the App Store.

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Yup! Installed and lookin' Good! (Re: iPhone version 1.2)
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2014, 09:37:03 PM »
Dear Grand and WeatherCat iOS fans,

WeatherCat 1.2 for the iPhone is available in the Apple App Store.

Yes indeed!   [bounce]  My only surprise is that iTunes didn't pick up the 1.2 version as an update to automatically instead.  Instead I had to navigate to the Grand Poohbah store to update it.  Perhaps it takes a while for Apple to pick up all these updates.

I installed it on my "mature" iPhone 4 and gave the app the quick once over.  After 5 minutes, everything looked to beworking just fine as in the private beta.  Definitely a very nice upgrade!

So you'all . . . . come 'n' git it!!

Thanks Grand!!  [tup]

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
Re: iPhone version 1.2 update is available
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2014, 09:57:50 PM »
My only surprise is that iTunes didn't pick up the 1.2 version as an update to automatically instead.  Instead I had to navigate to the Grand Poohbah store to update it.  Perhaps it takes a while for Apple to pick up all these updates.

I didn't have this problem. Apple notified me almost at the same time that The Grand Poohbah posted. Perhaps it takes a wee bit longer to get the notifications into the drier parts of the county. (Sorry Edouard, that is a cheap shot, which you do not deserve.)

Just upgraded to version 1.2. Love the new iPhone 5-optimized screen and all the improvements. Love the same old price (free). Thanks to The Grand P for some nice improvements for those of us who want a quick check on our PWS from an iPhone.
Blick

WCDev

• WeatherCat Developer
  • Administrator
  • Storm
    • CW9739
    • ISCOTLAN25
    • Trixology
  • Station Details: Main Station: Vantage Pro-2, 24hr fars, solar, soil/leaf station, extra temp stations, no U.V. WeatherLink IP.
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2014, 08:17:27 AM »
Nice work  [tup]

wurzelmac

• Storm
    • ITIROLPR2
    • Wetterstation Pr?graten am Gro?venediger
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage PRO2 Plus (24h fan aspirated, wireless) with UV/Solar | Weather Envoy Data Logger | Mac mini 2023 M2 8/256 | 1x Canon EOS 1300D | macOS Sonoma 14.2
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2014, 12:29:55 PM »
Ditto - nice work! Translations are ok, only thing I noticed is in Preferences the last line: Milibars/Inches should read in German: Millibar / Inch (but this is only cosmetically  :) maybe you hold in mind for the next update)!

Cheers,
Reinhard
Reinhard