Author Topic: Mojave?? Remember!! You are askin' for it!  (Read 7787 times)

wurzelmac

• Storm
    • ITIROLPR2
    • Wetterstation Pr?graten am Gro?venediger
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage PRO2 Plus (24h fan aspirated, wireless) with UV/Solar | Weather Envoy Data Logger | Mac mini 2023 M2 8/256 | 1x Canon EOS 1300D | macOS Sonoma 14.2
Re: Mojave?? Remember!! You are askin' for it!
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2018, 04:45:26 PM »
xair,
no no no... my mini won't die until a "new" mini is born.  cmu:-)
Reinhard

Weatheraardvark

• Gale
  • I hear tornado sirens, lets go climb on the roof
    • C0005
    • KIADESMI1
    • Des Moines Weather and Climate
  • Station Details: Davis VP2 Plus, Fars, Extra sensors
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2018, 10:37:19 PM »
I made the jump.   I also have the fusion APFS.. had to look for that.      WeatherCat works just fine.   It was initially a little slower but I think it needed to find any new location or protocol.  But it does work.

Took about 2 hours to get up and running.

This is a good little start up to watchhttps://9to5mac.com/2018/09/24/macos-mojave-top-features-changes-video/?pushup=1

On suggestion, do clean extra photos and crap off your computer before updating. Be sure things are turned off such as Weather cat , messages, etc.    the more free disk space you have the better.  The download is 8.5gb   

But for me things are working right now until I tinker and screw the up.
Davis VP2 Plus; 24h  FARS; Extra Temp Humid sensor (2); Extra Temp Station (2);;Weatherlink IP;USB; MAC Ventura 13.3

; https://www.weatherlink.com/embeddablePage/show/8a7585dd06404bde81d5229b09f84ebb/summary

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2018, 11:00:34 PM »
Thanks for the update. So I assume that your APFS conversion came off well with no problems. That is great news for us Fusion Driver owners.
Blick

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Thanks for the confirmation (Re: Mojave??)
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2018, 11:11:54 PM »
Dear Weatheraardvark, Blick, and WeatherCat faithful,

I made the jump.   I also have the fusion APFS.. had to look for that.      WeatherCat works just fine.   It was initially a little slower but I think it needed to find any new location or protocol.  But it does work.

Thanks for the confirmation Weatheraardvark.  We had some positive reports from people running the beta, but your's is the first confirmation of the finished product.  Since you have a Davis station that is at least one product line that has successfully made the jump.

Cheers, Edouard  [cheers1]

dfw_pilot

• Gale
    • GW3252
    • KTNWILLI1
    • WX Page
  • Station Details: Davis Pro2 Plus
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2018, 02:29:00 PM »
On suggestion, do clean extra photos and crap off your computer before updating. Be sure things are turned off such as Weather cat , messages, etc.    the more free disk space you have the better.

Completely agree with this!

From an earlier post:

A best practice is to keep your system files on one volume (OS X) and your data on a second volume. That way, when you install a new version of OS X and it all goes pear-shaped, you haven't a worry about your data being corrupted. An example from my own system is to have a small, internal 120gig SSD that OS X is installed on, and my 16 terabyte Thunderbolt Raid holds all my data. The two never come in contact, and for good reason: updates, installs, and reinstalls are done without worry of OS X trying to mess up my data files (photos, documents, etc).
A clear conscience is a great pillow.

Steve

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW8454
    • KOHAVON11
    • Avon Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Wireless VP2 Plus w/24 hr FARS, Leaf & Soil Station, 2023 Mac mini M2 Pro, 32GB RAM, Mac OS 14, WeatherCat 3.2
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2018, 03:22:01 PM »
I moved both the 2017 4K iMac and 2016 MBP to Mohave yesterday. Other than more permissions to set with third party software, it was pretty anti-climactic. I really was expecting several applications to no longer work, but after launching every single one on both computers, not a single failure to launch.

Easy peasy!
Steve - Avon, Ohio, USA

CWOP: DW8454 - WU: KOHAVON11 - AWEKAS - CoCoRaHS
PWSweather - WeatherCloud - Twitter - Facebook

Weatheraardvark

• Gale
    • C0005
    • KIADESMI1
« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2018, 06:48:54 PM »
IP cameras.    All of my IP cameras do not run under Mojave.   I think it is some security function.  weird
Davis VP2 Plus; 24h  FARS; Extra Temp Humid sensor (2); Extra Temp Station (2);;Weatherlink IP;USB; MAC Ventura 13.3

; https://www.weatherlink.com/embeddablePage/show/8a7585dd06404bde81d5229b09f84ebb/summary

xairbusdriver

• Storm
    • EW7115 (E7115)
    • KTNGERMA20
    • Mid-South Weather
  • Station Details: Davis VP2 wireless + remote Anemometer/2014 Mac min - 10.15.7/WC 3.0.5
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2018, 09:27:50 PM »
All of my IP cameras do not run under Mojave.
Thanks for the info. Please keep us updated! BTW, what specific brand(s) are you using? Do they have any other to connect (WiFi, USB, etc.)?
THERE ARE TWO TYPES OF COUNTRIES
Those that use metric = #1 Measurement system
And the United States = The Banana system

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2018, 05:39:19 AM »
I moved both the 2017 4K iMac and 2016 MBP to Mohave yesterday. Other than more permissions to set with third party software, it was pretty anti-climactic. I really was expecting several applications to no longer work, but after launching every single one on both computers, not a single failure to launch.

Easy peasy!

Thanks for the update, sir. Good to know our early adopters are adopting and mostly pleased.
Blick

Weatheraardvark

• Gale
    • C0005
    • KIADESMI1
« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2018, 01:44:21 PM »
Thanks for the info. Please keep us updated! BTW, what specific brand(s) are you using? Do they have any other to connect (WiFi, USB, etc.)?
These are Foscam.   They used to work,   I could call them up on Safari,but even the plugins that used to work with Safari won't work.   I thinkI probably will put them into a box.    A while back security was a concern with the foscam Chinese made camera.  maybe they are concerned about it, or it will come in a later update.

xairbusdriver

• Storm
    • EW7115 (E7115)
    • KTNGERMA20
    • Mid-South Weather
  • Station Details: Davis VP2 wireless + remote Anemometer/2014 Mac min - 10.15.7/WC 3.0.5
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2018, 02:56:43 PM »
I think 99.5% of these cameras are from China. ;) However, I don?t think they normally require any kind of drivers. Of course that brand might. When I finally install Mojave I will find out, but I am emailing the distributor in a few minutes about compatibility with the new OS. Will post the answer here.

dfw_pilot

• Gale
    • GW3252
    • KTNWILLI1
    • WX Page
  • Station Details: Davis Pro2 Plus
« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2018, 02:59:14 PM »
Agree with Xair - keep the firmware up to date and you should be fine. Hopefully they come out with a firmware update for them soon.
A clear conscience is a great pillow.

Steve

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW8454
    • KOHAVON11
    • Avon Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Wireless VP2 Plus w/24 hr FARS, Leaf & Soil Station, 2023 Mac mini M2 Pro, 32GB RAM, Mac OS 14, WeatherCat 3.2
« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2018, 04:18:42 PM »
These are Foscam.   They used to work,   I could call them up on Safari,but even the plugins that used to work with Safari won't work.   I thinkI probably will put them into a box.    A while back security was a concern with the foscam Chinese made camera.  maybe they are concerned about it, or it will come in a later update.

For those of you using Sharx Security IP cameras and contemplating upgrading to Mojave, rest assured that they work fine, either addressing directly through Safari or with specific software such as SecuritySpy. I have abandoned EvoCam, so I cannot address that question.
Steve - Avon, Ohio, USA

CWOP: DW8454 - WU: KOHAVON11 - AWEKAS - CoCoRaHS
PWSweather - WeatherCloud - Twitter - Facebook

Weatheraardvark

• Gale
    • C0005
    • KIADESMI1
« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2018, 04:49:36 PM »

The bizarrness continues.  For some reason I got the idea to reboot my modem again.    All of the IP cameras came back online, checked with the modem and all the IP addresses are there as well. I can even get Directv.com to work again.    The plug ins do not work, so I asked Foscam for advice. 

I wonder if after installing. Mojave, and the computer restarts,   perhaps rebooting the modem as well clears stuff up?   I have a Zyzel. with centurylink dsl.  Normally it is fine, but since the June 30 flood, the podium their modem sat on took a hit and we were without internet for a few days while it was repaired.   Since then things have been wonky at times.    I am mentioning that as it seems  that tracking back from WC. when things do not work well all the way back to the modem and even a call to the provider isn't too bad, just to check  and eliminate.

So. all I need to do is let my thumb heal (had surgery last week,  doing fine). and get my tailbone in order (might have a stress fracture,  ).  and we are going to be just fine.

xairbusdriver

• Storm
    • EW7115 (E7115)
    • KTNGERMA20
    • Mid-South Weather
« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2018, 05:02:22 PM »
From Sharx Security, Customer Support (within 7 minutes of my email to them!):
No reports of any issues yet, other than Chrome needing to be specifically enabled to use Flash for each camera's IP address.