Author Topic: Silicon Labs USB Driver is now at v5.0.1  (Read 9104 times)

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
Should solve your problem (Re: Silicon Labs USB Driver is now at v5.0.1)
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2017, 11:58:10 PM »
Dear Weatheraardvark and WeatherCat system tinkerers,

I am a software pack rat, but I don't have Weatherlink for mac so I ordered a copy of the software. 

I can't be certain, but it appears that WeatherLink for Mac does have the same adjustment features, so hopefully that will solve you problems.  I have to run WeatherLink occasionally to make adjustments to my Weather Envoy. 

FYI, Stu has said that eventually he would like to add the capability make these sorts of adjustments to WeatherCat.  However, I assume that isn't very high priority given that another solution exists and there is all sorts of other functionality that "WeatherCatters" would like.

Cheers, Edouard

Weatheraardvark

• Gale
  • I hear tornado sirens, lets go climb on the roof
    • C0005
    • KIADESMI1
    • Des Moines Weather and Climate
  • Station Details: Davis VP2 Plus, Fars, Extra sensors
Re: Should solve your problem (Re: Silicon Labs USB Driver is now at v5.0.1)
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2017, 02:14:14 PM »
Dear Weatheraardvark and WeatherCat system tinkerers,

I am a software pack rat, but I don't have Weatherlink for mac so I ordered a copy of the software. 

I can't be certain, but it appears that WeatherLink for Mac does have the same adjustment features, so hopefully that will solve you problems.  I have to run WeatherLink occasionally to make adjustments to my Weather Envoy. 

FYI, Stu has said that eventually he would like to add the capability make these sorts of adjustments to WeatherCat.  However, I assume that isn't very high priority given that another solution exists and there is all sorts of other functionality that "WeatherCatters" would like.

Cheers, Edouard

It would be nice to be able to do the adjustments in Weathercat.  I don't see Davis  making any changes to any of its software , particularly with the mac.
Davis VP2 Plus; 24h  FARS; Extra Temp Humid sensor (2); Extra Temp Station (2);;Weatherlink IP;USB; MAC Ventura 13.3

; https://www.weatherlink.com/embeddablePage/show/8a7585dd06404bde81d5229b09f84ebb/summary

Blicj11

• Storm
    • EW3808
    • KUTHEBER6
    • Timber Lakes Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus | WeatherLinkIP Data Logger | iMac (2019), 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM, macOS Ventura 13.6 | Sharx SCNC2900 Webcam | WeatherCat 3.3 | Supportive Wife
Re: Should solve your problem (Re: Silicon Labs USB Driver is now at v5.0.1)
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2017, 06:57:50 PM »
I don't see Davis  making any changes to any of its software , particularly with the mac.

Double Amen.
Blick

Weatheraardvark

• Gale
    • C0005
    • KIADESMI1
Re: Silicon Labs USB Driver is now at v5.0.1
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2017, 07:43:43 PM »
companies like Davis could really turn profits if they had great software like this and others.  But they don't.   I rely on Weathercat a lot.   I don't code so I don't know, but being able to tweak the envoy or console for the VP2  would be great if not using WeatherLink.

Anyway,   I am going to hold off on doing any new software installs (updates are fine) until Apple releases their latest OS and see how that flies.  One thing for sure,  buying that 32Gig RAM imac , man that flies..
Davis VP2 Plus; 24h  FARS; Extra Temp Humid sensor (2); Extra Temp Station (2);;Weatherlink IP;USB; MAC Ventura 13.3

; https://www.weatherlink.com/embeddablePage/show/8a7585dd06404bde81d5229b09f84ebb/summary

Weatheraardvark

• Gale
    • C0005
    • KIADESMI1
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2017, 08:36:31 PM »
I  did some deep digging into the HDrive and found the program rather than what shows up when you go to finder-applications.  There was the program and I was able to change to 32 bit.    That was a learning experience that  with apps and I am assuming a lot of them, what is in the finder might only be a short cut.

So Weatherlink now works,  Maybe Apple will have mercy and let things run in 32 bit mode and not kill it completely.

xairbusdriver

• Storm
    • EW7115 (E7115)
    • KTNGERMA20
    • Mid-South Weather
  • Station Details: Davis VP2 wireless + remote Anemometer/2014 Mac min - 10.15.7/WC 3.0.5
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2017, 11:02:34 PM »
Finder normally never shows any file that starts with a "." (period). Normally, drivers are not seen in the Applications directory. Spotlight is even worse, IMHO.

You can easily find which items are 64 or 32 bits by using the "System Information..." function: click (and hold) the 'Apple' menu and look at what happens when you press the option key. Once the System Information window opens, scroll the left-hand column until you see the Software section. If needed, click the discovery arrow to see what's in that section. Click the "Applications" item and you will eventually see every app, along with a column showing its bit compatibility. "Components" will show things like the SiLabsUSBDriver, but you'll have to click on it to see info like its '64-bit (Intel)' status.

Since the OS has reached 10.12, it is very clever at running things in whichever bit value it needs. That may be why Apple removed the 'Run in 32 bit mode' checkbox. But it was also a not-too-subtle reminder that the OS is moving to 64 bit only. 10.14 is scheduled to take that final step.
THERE ARE TWO TYPES OF COUNTRIES
Those that use metric = #1 Measurement system
And the United States = The Banana system

mashnee

• Calm
    • DW9583
    • kflportc26
  • Station Details: IMAC 27" 10.9 Davis Vantage Pro 2
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2017, 10:08:39 PM »
I have downloaded the above silicon driver with no luck.  Now downloaded new version of Weather Cat, will not install.  Problems started when no comm device found.  Was able to get to having slab shown in system info (on a mac), now nothing.  No weather cat, no connection.  Ideas, I have tried reboot several times.  Is there no alternative to Silicon??????     :-\

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
  • Station Details: Davis Vantage Pro-2, Mac mini (2018), macOS 10.14.3, WeatherCat 3
More info please - start new thread? (Re: Silicon Labs USB Driver)
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2017, 11:36:28 PM »
Dear mashnee and WeatherCat system troubleshooter,

I have downloaded the above silicon driver with no luck.  Now downloaded new version of Weather Cat, will not install.  Problems started when no comm device found.  Was able to get to having slab shown in system info (on a mac), now nothing.  No weather cat, no connection.  Ideas, I have tried reboot several times.  Is there no alternative to Silicon??????     :-\

Unfortunately, no there isn't any alternative to the Silicon Labs driver.  However, unless you are running the latest version of macOS, the latest driver might not work.  According to the release notes, this driver will only work on macOS 10.11 or later.  However included in the package is a legacy driver that will work with older versions of macOS.

You might want to start a fresh thread in this topic:

http://athena.trixology.com/index.php?board=13.0

Please provide us with more details of your setup like which Mac model, which version of macOS, which version of WeatherCat you had been running, and which Davis weather station you are using.  Also, please tell us what you did that set-off the problems you are encountering.  Those details will help us in trying to diagnose your problem.

Cheers, Edouard

mashnee

• Calm
    • DW9583
    • kflportc26
  • Station Details: IMAC 27" 10.9 Davis Vantage Pro 2
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2017, 05:22:55 PM »
3 hours later:  unplug usb, install silicon, restart, then plug in usb 

elagache

• Global Moderator
  • Storm
    • DW3835
    • KCAORIND10
    • Canebas Weather
Which version of macOS? (Re: Silicon Labs USB Driver)
« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2017, 10:34:03 PM »
Dear mashnee and WeatherCat troubleshooters,

3 hours later:  unplug usb, install silicon, restart, then plug in usb

Unfortunately, you didn't tell us which version of macOS you are running on this Mac.  If your signature is up-to-date, then you are running macOS 10.9 and that definitely isn't compatible with version 5 of the Silicon labs driver.  However, included in the same package is a "legacy driver" that is supposed to work.  Why don't you try to locate that legacy driver that comes with the version 5 distribution and try using that instead.

Cheers, Edouard